New (first] reefing. About to start and had questions about upgrading later.

Muad'Dib1029

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I'm about to start my first reef tank. And, I'm at a crossroad, I have the chance to buy a 75 Fresh Water tank with 5 stage canister set for 500, and I looked at setting up a Fresh water tank with hang on shimmers and refug.

Or do I go 171 gallon Fiji cube because I have only one area the can hold any take as big as 75 gallon up to 171 gal. So my main question is how would I upgrade later from 75gal to a 171gal when I would need to use same spot? Or should I just go big, I know I want this as a passionate hobby.

Thank you for your time and info!

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
If you’re already thinkin about going bigger just Go as big as you can. You’ll regret having to buy the equipment twice later on.
i agree!! i started with a 40b and bought gear for it without considering if i would upgrade later on. here i am trying to get deals on bigger equipment because i’m upgrading to a 75g…. who knows how bigger i’ll go(my max is 90g)

OP
OP
Muad'Dib1029

Muad'Dib1029

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wife and agree that your right. And she said if I'm to get anything above 100gal it's the 175gal max by red sea. She likes how it looks. Question is it a great tank?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 39.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 50 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back