New LFS opening in huntsville!

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stopped by Paradise Aquatics today. The store has improved quite a bit since I first visited there. It has a good potential to be a nice little reef store if they keep improving their selection. Their fish prices were pretty good. I bought a couple of fish that were in very good shapes. They are going to carry full lines of Hikari and OceanNutrition frozen foods. I'd say it's worth your while to stop by if you are in the area.

GrouperStupor

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, their fish and invert selections has been good. I've bought several. They got a shipment of coral in last weekend. Much of it small frags.

Glenoweth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry, but advertising your own business is not allowed on R2R.

Mikes shop is closeing BTW everything he has is 40% off saw a CL add this weekend. Hate to see them close down but this is a hard bussiness to open and keep opened. also i agree witht he post that said it was a bad location! noone drives down that road! and unless you knew it was there would have never found it. Never saw advertising for the store here in huntsville,

Last edited by a moderator:

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt if location had much to do with it. Remember Johnny's store out in the boonies? This is a specialty business and people will track you down.

jason.tammy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes they will track you down if you give good quality and good service.I hate to see another store go.Years ago the hobby was everywhere now you have to search to find a place to hang out and get some cool stuff.

Tomoko Schum

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I doubt if location had much to do with it. Remember Johnny's store out in the boonies? This is a specialty business and people will track you down.

Maybe so, but John had the definite advantage of owning his own place. He also had us NARC following him from his old Pet Gallery store to his new garage shop. Supporting the local club and have the members chatter about his shop on reef related forums was a good strategy on his part as well. Establishing a new shop is tough, especially if you have to pay the rent.

osofast

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, and John didn't really need the money. It's safe to make a little money off your hobby, but to create a living on it is kinda rough.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 21.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 1.8%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 162 72.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 4.9%
Back