New member (and back in the hobby) from Massachusetts

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm Chad and just joined the conversation here on R2R. I've had a number of tanks growing up and am thrilled to say I just got back into the hobby a few months ago with a modest (for now;)) Fluval Evo 13.5. I forgot how addicting and expensive this hobby can be ;Greedy... anyways, looking forward to joining in on some threads here and there and connecting with y'all!

Cheers

SaltyCupcake

Mermaid
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R!!

tumblr_nynv0iKU681ql08jto5_r1_250.gif

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!

I'm Chad and just joined the conversation here on R2R. I've had a number of tanks growing up and am thrilled to say I just got back into the hobby a few months ago with a modest (for now;)) Fluval Evo 13.5. I forgot how addicting and expensive this hobby can be ;Greedy... anyways, looking forward to joining in on some threads here and there and connecting with y'all!

Cheers
Hey - I'm originally from MA and back in the hobby after a decade off (multiple moves)

BostonReefers used to be an enormous club - but I'm not sure what they're up to now - have you looked them up?

OP
OP
EagleEye121

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey - I'm originally from MA and back in the hobby after a decade off (multiple moves)

BostonReefers used to be an enormous club - but I'm not sure what they're up to now - have you looked them up?

Oh nice! I'm originally from VA but moved up here with my now fiancee 2 years ago. I just looked them up... seems to still be active. Nice to know!

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice! I'm originally from VA but moved up here with my now fiancee 2 years ago. I just looked them up... seems to still be active. Nice to know!
Lol. I'm in RVA.

Like I said - its been a while and I haven't kept up, but BRS was one of the biggest clubs in the country. There's a huge pool of people who really know what they're doing.

There are corals/etc floating around up there that have been in the hobby since the 80s - there's a strain of BTA that they used to refer to as the 'Toilet Bowl BTA' because you basically couldn't kill them, and people joked you could grow them in the toilet. Lots of cheap hardy livestock.

OP
OP
EagleEye121

EagleEye121

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the Reef, and back to the hobby. We'd love to see some pictures
I'll post eventually. Battling dinos right now and trying to get the tank in check... once done I'll throw some pics out there!

Lol. I'm in RVA.

Like I said - its been a while and I haven't kept up, but BRS was one of the biggest clubs in the country. There's a huge pool of people who really know what they're doing.

There are corals/etc floating around up there that have been in the hobby since the 80s - there's a strain of BTA that they used to refer to as the 'Toilet Bowl BTA' because you basically couldn't kill them, and people joked you could grow them in the toilet. Lots of cheap hardy livestock.
Haha no kidding. Cheap and hardy you say? Say no more I'm there

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back