New Product Alert: Nutramar Marine Algae & Color Boost Shots!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nutramar Marine Algae & Color Boost Shots are suitable for everyday feeding for your fish, corals and other invertebrates. Sticks easily to the side of the tank or rockwork allowing your fish to graze whilst giving you a close-up view of your fish feeding! Specially formulated with a mix of red and green algae for the health of herbivorous and omnivorous fish, urchins, and other invertebrates!

Contact your favorite retailer for availability!

Learn More Here!

0739520__23906.jpg

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give a review of these Shots? I have been searching everywhere online and can't find a review for the Marine Complete or these Algae and Color Boost Shots.

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone give a review of these Shots? I have been searching everywhere online and can't find a review for the Marine Complete or these Algae and Color Boost Shots.
Hi there, this is an new food to the market so there have not been many video reviews yet, but we have seen some good feedback from some of our vendors and their customers. I have included some links below that have reviews, if you have any questions or feedback please let us know!

https://www.saltwateraquarium.com/marine-algae-color-boost-press-on-food-shots-60g-nutramar/

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I was looking for even print reviews. Could not find much. Decided to buy both the saltwater versions to try out.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I should give a review. I will not be wasting my money on these again. They don't stick to the glass. They fall off in less than a minute, sometimes will stick to rock work but they mostly only get eaten by my clean up crew. The fish ignore them. I have tried in 3 different tanks. Same results. The fish peck at it for a second then ignore it. I come back later and will see my crabs swarming on them to eat it but fish ignore. Tried both of the Marine versions.

OP
OP
Nutramar Foods

Nutramar Foods

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for providing your feedback. To assist with feeding Nutramar shots, we would like to offer some tips that may be helpful.
First, we recommend pressing the shots onto the glass and then moving your finger to ensure that all edges have been properly pressed down, which helps this soft food adhere to the glass. Additionally, if your fish are not consuming all the food, the shots are soft and can be cut down into smaller sizes as needed.
What works best from our experience to transition your existing tank mates onto this new prepared food, is to offer as the first meal of the day, prior to feeding frozen foods or other dry foods. Placing the food near the regular feeding spot can also help fish get accustomed to foraging off the glass of the aquarium. Once your fish are accustomed to eating food off the glass, and are exhibiting a positive feeding response in the mornings, feedings can then be moved to a time better conducive to your normal feeding schedule.
Nutramar shots also have the benefit of being cold-extruded and made of 100% natural ingredients, which means it can be consumed completely by not only fish, but also crabs, certain snail species, and even corals.

Last edited:

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for providing your feedback. To assist with feeding Nutramar shots, we would like to offer some tips that may be helpful.
First, we recommend pressing the shots onto the glass and then moving your finger to ensure that all edges have been properly pressed down, which helps this soft food adhere to the glass. Additionally, if your fish are not consuming all the food, the shots are soft and can be cut down into smaller sizes as needed.
What works best from our experience to transition your existing tank mates onto this new prepared food, is to offer as the first meal of the day, prior to feeding frozen foods or other dry foods. Placing the food near the regular feeding spot can also help fish get accustomed to foraging off the glass of the aquarium. Once your fish are accustomed to eating food off the glass, and are exhibiting a positive feeding response in the mornings, feedings can then be moved to a time better conducive to your normal feeding schedule.
Nutramar shots also have the benefit of being cold-extruded and made of 100% natural ingredients, which means it can be consumed completely by not only fish, but also crabs, certain snail species, and even corals.
Thats all good but if the fish won't eat it then the quality of the ingredients don't mater for squat.

reeferKen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is another recommendation at the 8:00 mark here. They have seen great results. Nutramar also support many aquaculture restoration projects

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried 3 different bags of this food in multiple tanks and results were pretty much the same each time in each tank. The food would not stick to rocks or glass like they show and the fish mostly ignored it and when ever I would come by I would find them on the sand bed being eaten by hermit crabs. Not going to spend that kind of money to feed my crabs.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 65 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.1%
Back