New to R2R

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Dan. I've been scanning R2R for a while now and finally decided to make my own account. As of right now I have just a 55 gallon setup. My tank is focused on inverts but I'd like to add corals and anemones. My tank has only been running for a little over 4 months so it is a new tank. I actually got into saltwater back in 2006 and had a 40 gallon for about 2 years before getting out of it due to power outage crash.

Current 55 gallon Stock.
1 emerald crab
1 tigertail cucumber
1 coco worm
1 serpent star
1 sea hare
1 pompom crab
7 hermit crabs
A bunch of nassarius and cerith snails
2 turbo snails
1 money Cowie snail
1 pincushion urchin
2 sexy shrimp

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Starry Blenny
1 Flame angle
20170108_073849.jpeg

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Sounds like a great 55. Looking forward to your build thread :)

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, Sounds like a great 55. Looking forward to your build thread :)
Me too hahaha. I'm at the point now where I have to wait and let the tank mature plus I'm going to add a HOB fuge cuz I don't have room for a sump. Currently I have to canisters for cem and mech filtration and a protein skimmer.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Me too hahaha. I'm at the point now where I have to wait and let the tank mature plus I'm going to add a HOB fuge cuz I don't have room for a sump. Currently I have to canisters for cem and mech filtration and a protein skimmer.

I took a 15 year break before setting up my present system 2 years ago. Me being me:rolleyes: I set the system up pretty much like I would have back 15 years ago, but with a few improvements. The only thing I have left from the original setup is the tank, rock, sand, and 1 fish:D.

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a 15 year break before setting up my present system 2 years ago. Me being me:rolleyes: I set the system up pretty much like I would have back 15 years ago, but with a few improvements. The only thing I have left from the original setup is the tank, rock, sand, and 1 fish:D.
I've learned a lot. I definitely was not doing things right years ago. My new system and strategy seems to be working MUCH better. I just need to add the fuge and better lights. I have to catch up on bills from the holidays first lol

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, my name is Dan. I've been scanning R2R for a while now and finally decided to make my own account. As of right now I have just a 55 gallon setup. My tank is focused on inverts but I'd like to add corals and anemones. My tank has only been running for a little over 4 months so it is a new tank. I actually got into saltwater back in 2006 and had a 40 gallon for about 2 years before getting out of it due to power outage crash.

Current 55 gallon Stock.
1 emerald crab
1 tigertail cucumber
1 coco worm
1 serpent star
1 sea hare
1 pompom crab
7 hermit crabs
2 turbo snails
1 money Cowie snail
1 pincushion urchin
2 sexy shrimp

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Starry Blenny
1 Flame angle
20170108_073849.jpeg
Hi Dan,
Nice looking reef , welcome too R2R .. and happy reefing !!!!

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! Welcome back in and welcome officially to R2R! So many great and interesting inverts out there. Love it!
Thank you, I'm excited to add more inverts. The challenge is compatibility since lots of inverts love to eat each other lol

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Current 55 gallon Stock.
1 emerald crab
1 tigertail cucumber
1 coco worm
1 serpent star
1 sea hare
1 pompom crab
7 hermit crabs
2 turbo snails
1 money Cowie snail
1 pincushion urchin
2 sexy shrimp

2 Ocellaris Clownfish
1 Starry Blenny
1 Flame angle
20170108_073849.jpeg
Oh no, I forgot I have a Fighting Conch too [emoji38]
Beautiful reef!
Welcome

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I'm excited to add more inverts. The challenge is compatibility since lots of inverts love to eat each other lol
I have 3 dawrf Hermit crabs , 1 cleaner shrimp , 2 sexy shrimp ( my fav) 1 nassarius snail ,plus 2 other snails . In a 25 g set up

IMG_2175.JPG

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 dawrf Hermit crabs , 1 cleaner shrimp , 2 sexy shrimp ( my fav) 1 nassarius snail ,plus 2 other snails . In a 25 g set up

IMG_2175.JPG
Your tank looks awesome! I love it. How long have you had it set up?

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R, glad to have you here:)

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome, I like your rock work in the new tank [emoji106]
Thanks Im gonna try and do a mixed reef so i tried too make Some floating shelves for sps .. this is only my second tank build .. Im new too this hobby 1year in .. R2R is the best forum on the net for friendliness , Advice , support ,.... lots of people always happy too assist.. or help ..

OP
OP
InvertEnvy

InvertEnvy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks Im gonna try and do a mixed reef so i tried too make Some floating shelves for sps .. this is only my second tank build .. Im new too this hobby 1year in .. R2R is the best forum on the net for friendliness , Advice , support ,.... lots of people always happy too assist.. or help ..
I like that I get answers from other people asking questions also. I like learning as much as I can to make the hobby more fun and less frustrating.

jsker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've learned a lot. I definitely was not doing things right years ago. My new system and strategy seems to be working MUCH better. I just need to add the fuge and better lights. I have to catch up on bills from the holidays first lol

Can totally understand and agree;)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back