New to reefing with a penchant for blue - Waterbox 50 AIO in PHX with the BEST TANK TRACKER EVER (maybe)

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

So I wish I had known about this before I started my build, I definitely would've taken more pictures during the setup part of the process. Alas, I'm taking more pictures now, so we're set up for success.

Anyway, I had the random idea to raise cuttlefish a few months ago in the year, and I started doing more and more research and that landed me on a 50 gallon, and thanks to some great online advertising I discovered Waterbox in July. My partner and I both liked the AIO Pennisula (and we never agree on anything) and so I ordered it in June. I'm in an apartment, so I've had to get a bit creative with limited wiring/plumbing/carpentry/size restrictions, but I'll be in a house next year so this is a good starter.

I keep track of EVERYTHING in this google sheet, it's updated multiple times a day. Even if there isn't any activity, I just change the format.

Also, I'm new to this, and I'm sharing everything I'm going through for feedback and for others. If I'm doing something wrong, tell me. No assumptions with me. I love this hobby because it lets me ask questions that are seemingly simple, and it's nice to learn something, so no feelings hurt here.

The Build-up to now (8/29/2021):
  • Waterbox 50 AIO Peninsula
  • 2X AI Nero 3's (Looking to replace)
  • AI Hydra 32
  • Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0
  • Vivid Creations Random Flow Nozzle
  • Tunze 9004
  • AquaTop UV (Just the bulb)
  • Red Sea Reefdose 4
  • XP ATO
  • Advanced Acrylics ATO Tank
  • American Marine pH Monitor
  • AQQA Aquarium Heater
  • iLonda Automatic Fish Feeder
  • ANHAORUI 12 Outlet (6 Smart) / 4 USB Power Strip
  • RKIN RODI Machine
  • IKEA Skadis System (for Interior Management)
  • IKEA RASKOG Cart
  • IKEA Tray and Silverware Holder (for fish acclimation)
  • inTank Filter Basket
    • Filter Floss
    • Purigen
    • Pure Blue
    • Waterbox Bio Balls & Charcoal
    • Egggcrates
  • Food Tank (for starfish)
    • Aqeuon 5.5 Gallon
    • Tetra Lighted Lid
    • Mini USB Pump
    • 4" Airstone
Planned:
  • Sicce SDC 3.0 (Ordered)
  • ReefWave 25 (Considering it)

The Current Setup:

The good stuff:
current tank.png

Under the tank:
under tank.png

Tank Chambers:
chambers.png

Utility Cart:
cart one.png
cart two.png

Memorable Moments:

The calm before the storm:
before.png

Water Added:
C9840FB9-7A31-464C-A0FF-C189A6BD96E1.jpg

First night:
first night.png

Close up of the first coral:
first coral.png

Trying to be a good tank owner:
book.png

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like those boards under the tank! Reminds me of my old tool workshop where I had everything hanging on them

OP
OP
stnc

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, same with my old garage from a few years ago. Honestly, they are SO handy, and there are a ton of sellers on eBay and Etsy that make 3D printed parts for them, so it's been super helpful finding exactly the holder/attachment I need.

Reefer58

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank! :) I love the aquascape and how everything is organized under the tank. I need to sit down and get as organized as you one of these days ;Hilarious. Following along!

OP
OP
stnc

stnc

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looking tank! :) I love the aquascape and how everything is organized under the tank. I need to sit down and get as organized as you one of these days ;Hilarious. Following along!
Thank you! I need to update the pics to show the latest aquascape update (had to catch some fish so that resulted in some change)

dreamofpuffers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for posting your tracker! We are starting our saltwater journey and made a copy to keep our information straight. :)

Back