New zoa frag questions

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got a zoa frag about 2 days ago I have researched the species but does this look healthy, and should I put it in another spot and does the flow look good where it’s at.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would the algae kill the zoa, I just don’t want to dip it wrong and kill the entire frag.

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take this time to really get a hold/understanding of your water chemistry. It looks like you are having some waste issues and that light may not be strong enough for all corals.

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd take this time to really get a hold/understanding of your water chemistry. It looks like you are having some waste issues and that light may not be strong enough for all corals.
It’s a 32.5 gallon and it’s one of the new FluvalSmart saltwater tanks with led lights how long do you think I should keep the light on a day

joseserrano

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 32.5 gallon and it’s one of the new FluvalSmart saltwater tanks with led lights how long do you think I should keep the light on a day
I’m not familiar with the light. Not necessarily a time issue. I’m referencing the intensity/it’s ability to give off enough light for corals to grown

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looks like you got a serious algae issue starting up. May wanna get that under control it seems to be ticking off the coral !

OP
OP
Kapachuka3

Kapachuka3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

Looks healthy? I know it’s supposed to close when the lights off.
I just want to keep it
looks like you got a serious algae issue starting up. May wanna get that under control it seems to be ticking off the coral !
im probably going to the store today to get a vacuum pipe thing to suck it out, it’s bryopsis

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to keep it

im probably going to the store today to get a vacuum pipe thing to suck it out, it’s bryopsis
yes it is lol

sucking it out is only a band aid. You need to figure out why you have bryopsis. your coral will be fine as long as there are no pests on it. hard to say since you didnt dip it. but the algae will defiantly annoy the polyps.

it will just grow back until you find out why.

rapid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out my thread and my battle with Algae. im going to be doing a fluconazole treatment to kill all the GHA in my tank. heard it works well with Bryopsis

tnewell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely deal with your algae problem before investing in more coral. Once that is under control, I would then do some research on the light you have, making sure it can grow all the corals you want to home.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back