Next Step

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is about a week into having livestock in it now, picked up a pair of maroon clowns a couple snails and a conch. I did some testing today and here's where everything is sitting:

Nitrate14.3
Phosphate0.13
Alkalinity9.7
Calcium390
Salinity1.026
Temperature77.3
PH7.8

Seems the nitrate is a little high im assuming from live stock being added and me probably overfeeding. I plan on doing a water change tomorrow was going to shoot for 10%, should I go a little larger than that? Let me know your thoughts any input is always appreciated!

lil sumpin

Digital Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How old is the tank? I think that’s an acceptable nitrate level. My nitrate and phosphate is constantly 15-20ppm and .1-.2ppm and my softies and LPS are thriving. I think you can bring the calcium up a tad

OP
OP
F

Flyangler33

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How old is the tank? I think that’s an acceptable nitrate level. My nitrate and phosphate is constantly 15-20ppm and .1-.2ppm and my softies and LPS are thriving. I think you can bring the calcium up a tad
The tank is about 6 weeks old pretty new and a first timer here. Fish seem to be loving it!

CrimsonTide

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is about a week into having livestock in it now, picked up a pair of maroon clowns a couple snails and a conch. I did some testing today and here's where everything is sitting:

Nitrate14.3
Phosphate0.13
Alkalinity9.7
Calcium390
Salinity1.026
Temperature77.3
PH7.8

Seems the nitrate is a little high im assuming from live stock being added and me probably overfeeding. I plan on doing a water change tomorrow was going to shoot for 10%, should I go a little larger than that? Let me know your thoughts any input is always appreciated!
How big is the tank?
When you add corals you will want to shoot for higher calcium. At least above 400 but probably 450. Everything else seems fine. Probably the 10-20 nitrate is fine for most corals as well.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 29 36.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 10 12.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 25 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 17.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back