No Experience- Just accepted active 140G FOWLR system.

kenwoodseakeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had an aquarium despite a long time interest due to cost of starting up. I have the chance to adopt this very large system completely free. I am as nervous as I am stoked. True beginner so If there is any advice this group could offer -or helpful links I would appreciate it a ton. I know that I eventually want to get into reef tanks.
I will be moving the tank at the end of February to its forever spot. I will have a new base made and the floor reinforced by that time. The lights that are included were purchased for over $2 Thouwow. Can anyone tell what make/model the lights are?
image000000.jpg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have extra liverock in the thank, imo. I would not purchase anything else until you have a good plan to execute after you move. Moving tanks and water and fish and liverock is a pain in the moving van, imo/ime.

Decide if you want to have fish only (the light is fine for that) or if you want to add coral (or and anemone that also requires proper lighting) and you might want to improve filtration, expand the sump, upgrade the stand, or whatever will get you where you want to go, by your plan.

Get started on a plan and we caan help answer questions if you have them. :cool:

Start a build thread, or what ever they call those now? Can't recall the new title?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 112 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.3%
Back