No obvious or easy way to custom program standard aquarium equipment

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see so many great recommendations for custom code to be used for the Apex, yet I cannot locate where you can add that code to an existing profile.
For example, I set up a heater using the output configuration where I set the ON and OFF temperatures based on the Apex probe with a fallback to OFF. Yet, if I wanted to add a line of code to turn off the heater if the temp reads too low (a marker for a failed probe), I see no place to do that. No custom tab that is present in other sections of the software.
Also, the manual that Neptune provides on its web site provides no guidance for a modern Apex and has instructions and images from the previous millennium.
Hey Neptune...are you listening? Or do you just not give a darn?

OP
OP
Bruce60

Bruce60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would be nice if that piece of information was provided somewhere by Neptune. I read through the alleged 'Comprehensive' Reference Manual and could find it nowhere. Has anyone been able to find anything from Neptune to help their customers, or do we just have to rely on ourselves?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 22.9%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back