November Club Meeting

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fellow ORC members! Our November meeting is just two weeks away! It will take place Sunday, November 5th at 6pm.

This meeting will be hosted by @acro-ed at his house where he will be discussing Chaeto reactors as a method for nutrient export for aquariums.

For the address please pm either of us as we will not post addresses publicly.

As always, please tag anyone who you think would be interested in joining us. There is no fee to join the Ocala Reef Club, just show up with an open mind and friendly attitude!

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I'd love to come to these meetings I can't until my daughter quits her 2nd job. I babysit my granddaughter on these days :( I am told it will be for the next few months. Please keep me in the loop however because things could change :)

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as I'd love to come to these meetings I can't until my daughter quits her 2nd job. I babysit my granddaughter on these days :( I am told it will be for the next few months. Please keep me in the loop however because things could change :)
Well then I guess I will just have to keep tagging you, one day you will join us! [emoji6]

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everyone,

Kids are welcome. I have a 5yo and plenty of toys, and can also put a kids movie on a TV.

With that said, I would also like to plan on 6-8pm as a time frame (to keep things on track for my little one).

I am planning on providing some snacks and drinks (maybe like a deli sandwich platter or something). Feel free to BYOB, but please be responsible if you're driving.

As Jeremy said, I'm going to have a short chat about nutrient export and how that relates to my system. There are many different reefing methods, but I am currently using a low-cost chaeto reactor that I made.

I have three different tanks going right now: a 150g SPS tank, a 60g mixed reef, and a 30g quarantine tank with a handful of corals that stay there.

I run bare bottom, high flow, over-fed, and over-skimmed tanks. My 150g SPS tank is about 18 months old now and has about 50 different Acropora specimens. They were all grown from little 1" frags, so the tank still looks fairly immature, but has been going well. My 60g reef has a couple SPS that are about 3 years old now, along with a few other more mature corals (including a Eunicea/Gorgonia that I've had since 1997).

As a bonus I am going to give away (3) GARF Bonsai frags. First come, first serve (meaning show up for our meeting). Please don't think that I'm super generous; I'm doing this for purely selfish reasons.... it seems like no one in Ocala is into SPS and I feel that if I give away a few super easy frags it will give people some more confidence to try more SPS (and then I will have others to trade with/pool orders/etc.). ;o)

I look forward to meeting everyone. This is totally low-key and no cost. Just come hang out and chat; if you are interested in starting your first tank or have years of experience, everyone is welcome. Feel free to pass this along; just message me for the address. I am located in SW Ocala near the intersection of 484/200.

Thanks!
Ed

acro-ed

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
IMG_5428.JPG
IMG_5499.JPG
IMG_5520.JPG
IMG_5630.JPG
IMG_5636.JPG

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good evening, just wanted to remind everyone that our meeting is this Sunday evening at @acro-ed 's house. Please PM either of us for the address!

We look forward to seeing everyone there! If you are coming, please let us know so we can include you in the head count for snacks.

OP
OP
Js.Aqua.Project

Js.Aqua.Project

Reef Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you to everyone who came out to our meeting last Sunday! We had about a dozen or so visit and check out Ed's set up, including seeing the results of his Chaeto reactor and some unique interesting different creative plumbing decisions.

Now let's migrate over to the December Meeting and get ready for our next meeting! thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/december-club-meeting.335919/

Back