Official CC Angels and Demons Millie Progression/Showoff Thread.

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is coming tomorrow am. Excited to see what color it comes in. Will be placing under 6 bulb ATI 54 watt fixture in an 8'x2'x12" shallow frag system with plenty of flow.
will post pics tomorrow afternoon.

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My newest SPS from CC - Angels and Demons

IMG_7180.jpg

Mine came in this am. picked up at FedEx at 9:00 am, acclimated and in frag system by 10:15. Already had great polyp extension in the bag and appears to be super fuzzy. Here's a pic with just T5 Blue+ and blue LEDs. Will post additional pics with all lights on this afternoon. I am liking the colors already evident with just Blues, I am confident it will color up under more intense full spectrum T5 lights and good flow within no time.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats a nice Frag you got there bro. ! :) looking good, Please keep us updated with any growth or funky coloring or just cause you want to take a picture. :)

How big was your piece? we are trying to see every ones growth pattern From when you get it to the upcoming weeks to see what type of lights and flow its under to see how fast it grows.

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Frag is 1.25" single stem with part of a base. I have it under six 54 watt T5 ATI lights B+, B+, P+, B+, Coral+, B+. Light is 16" from top of frag. there is med to strong pulsing flow rates in my 8' x 2' x 12" deep acrylic frag tank. System Params:
Total water volume 300 gallons tied together in 125 gal DT, 150 gal sump/frag ststem and 8x2x12" shallow frag system
Using Reef Crystals salt with RODI 6 stage system - WC every 2 weeks
CA 480 Sea chem - Dose daily with peristalic pumps
AK 7.5 dkh Hannah checker - Dose daily with peristalic pumps
MG 1350 Red sea Pro
No3 0.25-0.50 Red Sea Pro
Po4 0.12 Hannah checker
Salinity 1.026
Temp 78
Potasium 410
Dose Acro Power and red sea aminos and vitamins
ZeoBak - 4 drops daily
ZeoStart - .3 ml twice daily
Dose Vinegar - 11 ml over 6 hours during daylight hours - Dosed daily with peristalic pumps.
Have 1/3 cup of GFO in small reactor for PO4, change out every 2 weeks.

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice stats. Cant wait too see what goes on with in a few weeks of it being there. :) keep us posted. cant wait too see a pic later on with the lights on :) !

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine this morning as well. CC by far is the BEST online vendor IMO. Healthy coral. I have mine under two photon 16s but I will be switching over to T5s shortly. Alk 9, CA 420, Mag 1350. It's currently in the frag rack until the lights come on and I find its new home.

AngelsDemons.jpg

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got mine this morning as well. CC by far is the BEST online vendor IMO. Healthy coral. I have mine under two photon 16s but I will be switching over to T5s shortly. Alk 9, CA 420, Mag 1350. It's currently in the frag rack until the lights come on and I find its new home.

AngelsDemons.jpg
Nice frag! Wish I could have gotten one with 2 stems, but the one I got was the last one of that round. Looks great.

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice frag! Wish I could have gotten one with 2 stems, but the one I got was the last one of that round. Looks great.

Thanks! I missed the first round bc I was teetering whether or not to get it. After it sold out, I was so bummed. Feel lucky to have seen the second round before it sold out again.

gregoryleonard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics of my new Frag with all 6 T5 lights on

Hard to get the exact colors in a pic, but here goes.
A and D 1.jpg

This pic shows just how "Fuzzy" this Milli is. PE is insane on the Demon

A and D 2.jpg

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow Great photos! nice pieces as well. for you to get part of the base should be pretty awesome. im sure your colors will start to show in no time. So far i think all of them are under T5s anyone have Them under LED or Or MH yet?

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9235.jpg

Better picture. Mine is under LEDs, Rob. I'm going to let it sit for a month under the photons. If it loses color or changes in any way, I'm gonna switch to T5s. Everyone's pics look fantastic. Hands down my new favorite coral in my tank!

OP
OP
R

Rob&Gab

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_9235.jpg

Better picture. Mine is under LEDs, Rob. I'm going to let it sit for a month under the photons. If it loses color or changes in any way, I'm gonna switch to T5s. Everyone's pics look fantastic. Hands down my new favorite coral in my tank!

IM SO JELLY! you got a bunch of a blueish tint in yours. ! Great piece bud. cant wait to see it grow and see the colors in a few weeks or so. Mine is encrusting very nicely on the plug. i say another 3 weeks it should be over or just about done with the plug.

LAX Noob Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
IMG_9235.jpg

How High is it in your tank?? Or you start it at bottom?

Masgatigata

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How High is it in your tank?? Or you start it at bottom?

It's about 3/4 of the way up from the bottom. I have LEDs that hang 9" awl. My whites peak at 20% and blues at 50% so I think it will be okay. I've been watching it closely in case it's not happy, but as of right now the polyps are out and it looks good. I have a blazing sun milli from reef raft that is sprouting and growing like crazy in the same spot. I figured this one would be happy there as well. Hope it starts growing like a beast!

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 75 40.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 95 51.1%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back