OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Currently, I go through about 20-25 gal of ATO water every 2-3 days. With the addition of the 330gal, this will increase drastically. I am not sure if the ATO pump would be able to handle such a large amount daily.

I decided to swap it to a gravity fed ATO. The largest drum that I am able to fit in the area is 55 gal. I'm hoping this will be enough to cover all the tanks for at least 1 week (I doubt it but it's better than refilling the ATO daily).

1685576844533.jpeg

Water is pump from the RODI holding container across the room and into the ATO container. We'll see how it works out!

1685576855965.jpeg

1685576875411.jpeg

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The new gravity ATO worked great!!! I don't have to refill every few days.

Update on the 330 Gal (7'x3'x2')

Lighting: I decided to go with the Reefi Uno 2.0. I have always been a big fan of the radions but since the light will be right behind my desk, I wanted something with less glare. I hear a lot of raves about this light and never tested it out. At the same time, support my fellow small business.

After some lengthy discussion with Daniel, he custom made the bracket for my rimmed tank and a rendering of the light set up for me using 2040 T Slot Aluminum Extrusion.

We are doing 8 lights. Since I want mostly sps in the back and lps at the front, the 4 front light will be at an angle to focus more toward the back.

1688307604666.png

1688307190272.png

Angle example:
1688307234223.png

Brackets: Right is the tilted.
1688307473675.png

Flow: We had the chance to visit WWC back in May and with some guidance, we decided on 4 x MP40s for the tank. If more is needed I can add on. I used them before and have always loved the MPs so it definitely didn't take too much convincing. Though I was surprised that they didn't think I would need more than 4. I trust their judgement. Good news is I only had to order 3 more. Hoarding is good ... sometimes.

1688307804016.jpeg

Rock Structure: I am going with Marco Rocks. I love the flat rocks and the versatility of the different shapes that they have available. With the help of my friend Ellie, we finished up the design and glued them together with mortar from the same company. Will be rinsing them out and going into the tank soon!

1688308008208.png

1688308023733.png

1688308035288.png

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks great. I read up a bunch on the reefi’s and they are a no-brainer for the price. Im looking forward to hearing a long term review on them. Lighting rack looks great. Love the custom brackets.

OP
OP
lynn.reef.nerd

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great Thread keep up the good work amazing set up WOW
Looks great. I read up a bunch on the reefi’s and they are a no-brainer for the price. Im looking forward to hearing a long term review on them. Lighting rack looks great. Love the custom brackets.

Thank you guys! I'm excited to have a large display again. I do miss it a lot. I got rid of my Red Sea tanks and have mostly frag tanks for the business right now.

I feel bad but I am neglecting the business side quite a bit while trying to get this tank up. It's keeping my love for the hobby going!

The mortar didn't work very well for me. Wonder if I was using it wrong. When I tried to pick it up after a couple of days, most of them came off. Ended up taking parts and assembling inside the tank. Unfortunately it's not the exact scape but it works well.

jhadaway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry if it is here and i missed it. Who built the tank? I’m interested in how you solve the flow between the sps and lps. Im hoping to do a 72x30x25 next and I'm wondering if going taller will help dull the flow at the bottom if its concentrated at the top. Good luck!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey this is a great project!!

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you guys! I'm excited to have a large display again. I do miss it a lot. I got rid of my Red Sea tanks and have mostly frag tanks for the business right now.

I feel bad but I am neglecting the business side quite a bit while trying to get this tank up. It's keeping my love for the hobby going!

The mortar didn't work very well for me. Wonder if I was using it wrong. When I tried to pick it up after a couple of days, most of them came off. Ended up taking parts and assembling inside the tank. Unfortunately it's not the exact scape but it works well.

Aquascape looks awesome!

Back