Opinion on freeze dried shrimp/krill

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are some opinions about the food value of freeze dried shrimp/krill? Do you think it contributes to raising PO4 levels?

Aspect

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
What are some opinions about the food value of freeze dried shrimp/krill? Do you think it contributes to raising PO4 levels?
It will if left in the tank uneaten. I only feed my fish freeze dried and a pellet variety. I really like the freeze dried because it absorbs a ton of liquid vitamin that is great for the fish and meets all of it's nutrition requirements.

neonreef3d

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Freeze dried foods usually have a higher protein value, not sure about it raisng PO4 levels..... I think overfeeding will contribute to that... having a refugium will help lower the po4 accompanied with some chaetomorpha algae or other macros...

stovenut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use freeze dried mysis and calanus in my DIY frozen food. Same reason as a previous poster...you can load the freeze dried foods with vitamins, garlic, aminos, etc prior to refreezing the food. I no longer use freeze dried krill as the fish do not like it. It's too big for all fish in my reef. The uneaten foods had a big impact on my N and P.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 28.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back