Our Website is live! DetroitReefClub.com Check it out and let us know what you think!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DetroitReefClub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Www.Detroitreefclub.com

We’re super excited to roll out our new E-Commerce Website! We’ll continue to fill in the pages of coral to browse, post articles, events and news, and make sure to check out our membership option, offering discounted shipping, reduced free shipping minimums, and all kinds of other benefits - the main one of which is 15% OFF ALL LIVESTOCK, ALL THE Time!

Let us know what you think!!

IMG_0638.jpeg IMG_0644.jpeg IMG_0641.jpeg IMG_0637.jpeg IMG_0635.jpeg IMG_0632.jpeg acanlord4.jpeg acanlord7.jpeg acanlord5.jpeg bower3.jpeg acanlord3.jpeg tiger2.jpeg

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Website looks good. Just some of my own thoughts…an approximate size or reference size would be nice (I.e. approximately 1 inch or frag tile is 2 inches or whichever).

Also, any way to show more than 12 corals per page?
IMG_9219.jpeg

Also, just thinking outloud, perhaps maybe have an R2R level membership that just offers like a 10% or 15% off as many can’t use the services in the black membership level.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
WOW ...$$$...:(

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm confused if this is just a vendor acting like a local club? Or maybe it's a club that commercialized? Either way, welcome to the forum!

OP
OP
DetroitReefClub

DetroitReefClub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Website looks good. Just some of my own thoughts…an approximate size or reference size would be nice (I.e. approximately 1 inch or frag tile is 2 inches or whichever).
We're working on this - It was alot easier when all of our racks were egg crate lol, but the black looks alot better. Always feel free to reach out to us about sizing on specific items that we don't have labeled yet!

Also, any way to show more than 12 corals per page?
IMG_9219.jpeg
No problem - great idea. We have this on the docket for the next update. Good call!
Also, just thinking outloud, perhaps maybe have an R2R level membership that just offers like a 10% or 15% off as many can’t use the services in the black membership level.
So, while the out of town people have some benefits they aren't going to be able to access, like the workshops and what not, we also have benefits included to offset that, which aren't going to add any value for our local reefers - like the shipping discounts, and reduced cart total for free shipping!

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm confused if this is just a vendor acting like a local club? Or maybe it's a club that commercialized? Either way, welcome to the forum!
This is a business/vendor located in Michigan. A joint venture with Bashsea. I believe the intent is to make it like the Sam's Club of Coral, etc.

OP
OP
DetroitReefClub

DetroitReefClub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
We are a traditional business. We Import, Aquaculture and sell Marine Livestock, and related Dry Goods, but we also want to develop a community of reefers to experiment, and develop our understanding of the hobby together, through workshops, seminars, and sharing experience to benefit from a greater pool of information than one person can accumulate on their own. Our seminars on chemistry and such are not just like a class where we tell reefers what to do. It starts with some basic knowledge and overview from our staff, then we go into sharing some of our struggles, and experiences here. Next we discuss some of the trends and experiences that we've heard from our customers, and other club members, and open discussion up for analysis as a group to try and formulate a hypothesis.
Our Paid Club Membership entitles you to discounts on all kinds of things, and free access to alot of this, but is not required to be a part of the community.

OP
OP
DetroitReefClub

DetroitReefClub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
the website is way too heavy, takes a couple of seconds to just load one page. Not sure if its just me
We had some performance issues early this week as final tweaks were being made as it went live. We'll continue to improve performance as much as possible while still delivering excellent content/quality.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
We are a traditional business. We Import, Aquaculture and sell Marine Livestock, and related Dry Goods, but we also want to develop a community of reefers to experiment, and develop our understanding of the hobby together, through workshops, seminars, and sharing experience to benefit from a greater pool of information than one person can accumulate on their own. Our seminars on chemistry and such are not just like a class where we tell reefers what to do. It starts with some basic knowledge and overview from our staff, then we go into sharing some of our struggles, and experiences here. Next we discuss some of the trends and experiences that we've heard from our customers, and other club members, and open discussion up for analysis as a group to try and formulate a hypothesis.
Our Paid Club Membership entitles you to discounts on all kinds of things, and free access to alot of this, but is not required to be a part of the community.
Awesome concept! Thanks for the explanation.

OP
OP
DetroitReefClub

DetroitReefClub

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
So far we've got:
products per page option udpated
we programed some functions to help the pages each load quicker between clicks.
We really appreciate the feedback!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back