Out of these 3 cameras..best for corals?

jaxteller007

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm trying to help a friend out with taking pictures of his corals. Lot's of acro's and SPS corals. I have 3 digital camera's that I don't use any more and was going to hook him up with one of them. Is one of these better than the others when it comes to this? If not I'll just let him try all 3 and see which works best.

Canon PowerShot SX260 HS - 20x zoom, 12.1 MP, lens says 4.5 - 90.0 mm 1:3.5 - 6.8

Sony CyberShot DSC-W730 - 8x zoom, 16.1 MP, lens says 3,3 - 6,3/4, 5-36 (I probably bought this one overseas which would explain the weird number system on the lens lol)

Panasonic Lumix DMC-SZ7 - 10x zoom, 14.1 MP, Full HD, lens says 25 mm wide, 1:3.1 - 5.9 4.5 - 45 ASPH.

Side note, I should really learn what all those numbers mean lol.

Biglew11

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the best camera is gonna be the one he is most comfortable with learning to use, (i know sounds like a cop out) lol. but seriously any camera has the potential to produce nice images. most of the most stunning pictures are done in post processing, (think photoshop) adjusting white balance, and stuff for this most shoot in raw so that all the information the sensor saw is there. if you shoot in jpg, or other compressed format some information is lost, and edittiting becomes tougher. i can get somewhat decent pictures using my phone with a filter. i still have an old Nikon d90 12 MP that i'm still learning to use.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 33.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 54 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back