OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got some life in the tank! Work with a nurse whose husband is the fish manager at petco. His selection is outstanding and his tanks are immaculate. So picked up these two clowns and a fat, big six line for the frag tank. He hid for an hour but is out cruising the tank now!
EF865A3D-81C4-4207-8F71-74F5A07CB3A9.jpeg
38DCD2CF-0E59-429D-A4AB-924A9F06DB0E.jpeg

Theolox

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking build! I was looking at the 65g at my LFS just the other day. I just started my IM 50 Fusion AIO today. I am excited to get it cycled and to get some life in it. I think I am going to start with a bunch pods just to get a colony established before I put any fish in the tank. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do with it!

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice looking build! I was looking at the 65g at my LFS just the other day. I just started my IM 50 Fusion AIO today. I am excited to get it cycled and to get some life in it. I think I am going to start with a bunch pods just to get a colony established before I put any fish in the tank. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you do with it!
Thanks! I debated on the 50 lagoon as I had a 25 for several years with great success. I just liked the length of the Tideline with the 48” footprint much better.

NTar11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice thread. Glad to see these tanks are getting some attention now. Wish I would have done a better rock scape…. I just stacked rocks.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How has the WS1 been? Would you buy it again? I am almost ready for one on my 49 gal lagoon and was curious.
I think it’s well built and once the tank is stocked will skim like a champ. Been running for about a month, albeit with no stock in the tank, and the micro bubbles in the tank are ridiculous! I’m hoping it breaks it and stops!

ohioreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it’s well built and once the tank is stocked will skim like a champ. Been running for about a month, albeit with no stock in the tank, and the micro bubbles in the tank are ridiculous! I’m hoping it breaks it and stops!
Thanks. Its strange that after a month you still have micro bubbles. Usually a few days is all they last.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. Its strange that after a month you still have micro bubbles. Usually a few days is all they last.
Yup, that was my last experience with skimmers as well. I put a small needle valve on the air intake to try and fine tune the air draw and that seemed to help but over the last few days has seemingly gotten worse.

ohioreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, that was my last experience with skimmers as well. I put a small needle valve on the air intake to try and fine tune the air draw and that seemed to help but over the last few days has seemingly gotten worse.
Is there any way to move it further from your return chamber? Or maybe u have a waterfall into the return area that is causing the bubbles?

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water level is at the top of the baffle for the return chamber. The way my lights are mounted on the tank it puts my skimmer right next to the divide between the skimmer chamber and return chamber. Thinking of adding a third noop light which would allow me to reposition the lights and skimmer. Was hoping to wait until I get some sps in the tank before making a third light purchase. But we shall see.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lost the six line in my frag tank last night. He had been cruising around like a champ for the last week. All of a sudden on Friday he stopped eating and was hiding a lot. Yesterday he was still hiding and then by last night was laying on the sand breathing rapidly. I did a 20% water change just in case yesterday morning. When I pulled him from the tank he had no signs of infection or anything. So who knows. So long little friend.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So tired of the micro bubbles from the ws1. I took the filter sock that came with the Tideline and cut the plastic rectangle off. Put the return pump inside the filter sock and packed some filter floss lightly in the opening of the bag. Has helped a ton! Still not perfect but the right side of the tank doesn’t look like the tide is flushing in as bad.

SaltwaterandLime

Reefing with ADHD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one having issues with the micro bubbles from the ws1. I love how effectively it skims but the entire left hand side of the tank can easily turn into bubble mayhem if I don't keep a sponge in the last baffle

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I'm kind of glad I'm not the only one having issues with the micro bubbles from the ws1. I love how effectively it skims but the entire left hand side of the tank can easily turn into bubble mayhem if I don't keep a sponge in the last baffle
I tried a sponge in the baffle but I guess was to dense and the water level in the return chamber dropped quickly.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The change I made to the return pump to stop the micro bubbles has worked like a champ. Also found a guy in my town who has 2300 gallons of tanks in his garage. He supplies several stores across the country. Had some of the coolest stuff I have ever seen in person. Left with a clown fairy wrasse and two yellow coris wrasses. One for the frag tank and one for the display. Both yellows hid as soon as they hit the tank but the frag one is by himself and was out and ate this evening and the display yellow started venturing out shyly. Also grabbed a zoa frag because I’m a sucker and can’t resist.
5C9BA7E0-536C-4C3C-A4CA-555AC6AC6C1E.jpeg

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, saw the new yellow coris wrasse a little for the first day or so. Have not seen it going on day 4-5, the tank is fairly sterile meaning that there is no pod population as of yet. Have been feeding pretty heavy in hopes that he is sneaking out and finding some food. Wondering if I should start sifting through the sand looking for a dead wrasse or just let it be for a while in hopes that he is still kicking around in there.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back