Oyster feast and Phyto-feast temperature

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just recently ordered these to which left Indiana on Monday and arrived in Florida today Wednesday @ 5:11. Immediately I check the temp due to first time ordering. Are these temps ok for mail order Reef Nutrition products?

20190109_171614.jpeg
20190109_171556.jpeg

rkpetersen

walked the sand with the crustaceans
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy them refrigerated from my LFS and keep them refrigerated at home, so I probably wouldn't be thrilled with those numbers. Although I can't say for sure if either product would be damaged. Might depend on how long they were warm and if they were shipped with a cold pack.

OP
OP
JustDewwit

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I buy them refrigerated from my LFS and keep them refrigerated at home, so I probably wouldn't be thrilled with those numbers. Although I can't say for sure if either product would be damaged. Might depend on how long they were warm and if they were shipped with a cold pack.
Thanks, they were shipped with a Cold pack which was the same temp as bottles.

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would email Reeds and ask if they dont appear on this thread. They are real good about answering questions.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for tagging me, everyone. What a great group we have here. ;)

The product should be fine. We've had people leave it out for 24 - 48 hours at room temperature with no issue. We don't like to let the product warm up during shipping, which is why we add a lot of ice. As long as you keep it refrigerated from now on, it will last to expiration and possibly beyond. We are very conservative with our expiration dates.

I recommend that you open each product and give it a sniff. If you detect a strong "rotten eggs" odor, which is unmistakable, then the product is spoiled and should be discarded. The products do have a distinct odor, but not rotten egg/sulfur smell. The color looks fine, and thanks for submitting pictures.

If you see any deterioration with the products before expiration, please let me know in a message.

Thanks for submitting your question on Reef2Reef!

Best,
Chad

OP
OP
JustDewwit

JustDewwit

One frag at a time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks so much for tagging me, everyone. What a great group we have here. ;)

The product should be fine. We've had people leave it out for 24 - 48 hours at room temperature with no issue. We don't like to let the product warm up during shipping, which is why we add a lot of ice. As long as you keep it refrigerated from now on, it will last to expiration and possibly beyond. We are very conservative with our expiration dates.

I recommend that you open each product and give it a sniff. If you detect a strong "rotten eggs" odor, which is unmistakable, then the product is spoiled and should be discarded. The products do have a distinct odor, but not rotten egg/sulfur smell. The color looks fine, and thanks for submitting pictures.

If you see any deterioration with the products before expiration, please let me know in a message.

Thanks for submitting your question on Reef2Reef!

Best,
Chad
Smells [emoji108] Thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back