OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work today to a strong sucking water down the drain noise coming from the tank. I rushed over thinking that that I needed to re-adjust the drain valve. Then I realized it was the sound of all the money being sucked out of my wallet!! ;Greedy

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Came home from work today to a strong sucking water down the drain noise coming from the tank. I rushed over thinking that that I needed to re-adjust the drain valve. Then I realized it was the sound of all the money being sucked out of my wallet!! ;Greedy

Ha! I know that sound too!

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not too much happening at the moment. Just cycling the tank and accumulating all the misc "stuff" you need. Ordered some algae for the sump, and some snails to start a clean up crew. Here is a picture of Fred in his QT tank. Copper treatment was delayed a week as I somehow managed to lose the original bottle of solution and had to order another.

Fred.jpg

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Decided to take advantage of Aqua SD's 40% off sale this weekend. Purchased 3 10X frag packs to start growing the tank; 1 zoa/paly pack, 1 LPS pack, and 1 SPS/Monty pack.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Awesome and congrats on the new tank!

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was a big day for the tank today. Both my Algae Barn and Aqua SD order arrived this afternoon. So the sump now has Chaeto and Sea Lettuce, and the tank has 3 peppermint shrimp, 5 Nassarius snails, and 32 frags all in a row. ;Stig

IMG_4312.jpg
IMG_4313.jpg

rwc2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank looking good, Im looking into getting this same tank to upgrade from my 45. How do you like it so far? If you get a chance can you get a measurement on the overflow box size. I have 80 pounds of pukani im wanting to play with some aquascapes and get it curing before I get the tank ordered I have a cardboard cutout for tank size but cant get any info on how much internal room the overflow takes up. Thanks

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi RWC2002,

I've been very impressed with my 100.3 so far. Quality is excellent. Here are all the dimensions of the tank. All measurements are interior dimensions.

Dims.jpg

rwc2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi RWC2002,

I've been very impressed with my 100.3 so far. Quality is excellent. Here are all the dimensions of the tank. All measurements are interior dimensions.

Dims.jpg
Thank you so much now to get mine started soon [emoji16]

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a case of the new tank ugly's today. Came home to a tank that had strings of slime all over the rockwork and glass. Yuck! After an exhaustive search it appears that my 3 small peppermint shrimp did not survive. So I did a small water change and tried to suck up as much of the slime as possible. Guess I should go ahead and get some more snails to start eating some slime.

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m so excited to watch this thread progress! I just ordered the same system last night. I’ll be watching yours for inspiration.

Are you happy with how quiet the overflow is?

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's very quiet when dialed in and water levels are stable. Being a new tank I'm still making frequent adjustments however. The noisiest part of the whole tank is my Sicce Syncra Silent 4.0 pump, which is absolutely mis-named. I should have spent the extra $'s and got a DC pump.

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still battling the slime! Clear strands of snot everywhere. Have to wash & bleach socks and filter pads everyday to unclog them. Sigh - so ready for this phase to be over.
Ammonia, nitrite, & nitrate all undetectable, so I know it's not a nutrient issue. And good news, found one of my peppermint shrimp alive last night, so I didn't lose them like I thought!

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally - the slime is Gone!!! Coincidentally it happened right after I moved Fred from his QT tank into the display. I'm much happier, and so is he! LOL

Ready to start shopping for a pair of clowns and some Euphyllia's.

IMG_4340.jpg

OP
OP
PapaWhisky

PapaWhisky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also took the time this weekend to create two programs for the AI Prime lights. One is (very originally) named "Regular", and is the main lighting program. The other is called "Pictures" and has the UV/Blues/Purples turned down and whites / greens turned up to allow for normal looking pictures - as seen above. Now I can grab my phone, change the lighting with a couple of taps, snap a picture or two, then change the lights back to normal with minimal effort. ;Snaphappy

nickkohrn

Corals for President 2020
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also took the time this weekend to create two programs for the AI Prime lights. One is (very originally) named "Regular", and is the main lighting program. The other is called "Pictures" and has the UV/Blues/Purples turned down and whites / greens turned up to allow for normal looking pictures - as seen above. Now I can grab my phone, change the lighting with a couple of taps, snap a picture or two, then change the lights back to normal with minimal effort. ;Snaphappy

That’s nice! It seems much less troublesome to do than when using Radions with the Apex WXM. That will save you money since you won’t need to purchase a filter lens to take decent photos.

rwc2002

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You gave me the dimensions for the inside of tank which was super helpful I thank you again for that, what is the water level height if you get a chance, I'm guessing like 20.5 to 21 inches deep to the waterline but that's just a guess

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back