Par meter rentals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just thinking about this. What happens if you rent it use it for x amount of days. Then when you return it and UPS breaks it. We all know how UPS is very very delicate with our packages. Lol. We will be responsible for the full price?

I can't say for sure, it will likely depend on the unique circumstance. If it was very obviously damaged in transit (you can usually tell) then of course not! I like to think we're pretty reasonable around here lol :)

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't say for sure, it will likely depend on the unique circumstance. If it was very obviously damaged in transit (you can usually tell) then of course not! I like to think we're pretty reasonable around here lol :)
IMO you guys are the best company to deal with. It was just something I was thinking about reading this thread about it. Thanks.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We've had several folks rent them now. Was there any questions about the process or how they work that you had?

My rental will be delivered tomorrow. Should my MP40s and return pump be on or off? If the returns are aimed at the surface and causing lots of ripples, etc, would that be a problem?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My rental will be delivered tomorrow. Should my MP40s and return pump be on or off? If the returns are aimed at the surface and causing lots of ripples, etc, would that be a problem?

Think about it- if you want the par to represent the normal lighting in your tank, you should not change anything. (Keep powerheads on and the tank like normal).

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Yeah, @Eggpaul hit it on the head here. I'd run your tank as it would normally to make sure you get an accurate representation of what to expect, including caustic lines.

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, @Eggpaul hit it on the head here. I'd run your tank as it would normally to make sure you get an accurate representation of what to expect, including caustic lines.

What happens if the numbers are jumping up and down because of the turbulence? Will it settle down after a while?

YumaMan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take 5 readings at a particular spot in your tank and compute the average PAR value. Note the variance per location, I'll bet its not that significant. The average PAR can't be too far from being true.

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What happens if the numbers are jumping up and down because of the turbulence? Will it settle down after a while?

@YumaMan has the right idea here. It's unlikely that you will get the PAR meter to settle on one number, so I usually watch it jump around and take note of the average number between the high peaks and low readings. I've gotten pretty quick at doing it this way, but you could easily grab a number while it's jumping; repeat a few times and average them out. Precision isn't really what I would look for here, but rather a general idea of what the PAR is throughout the tank.

Ryan will cover this in depth for this week's video of the BRS/WWC System series and he actually goes as far as saying this will solve your lighting forever to the point that it should never be a factor in issues in the tank. ;Jawdrop

Eggpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@YumaMan has the right idea here. It's unlikely that you will get the PAR meter to settle on one number, so I usually watch it jump around and take note of the average number between the high peaks and low readings. I've gotten pretty quick at doing it this way, but you could easily grab a number while it's jumping; repeat a few times and average them out. Precision isn't really what I would look for here, but rather a general idea of what the PAR is throughout the tank.

Ryan will cover this in depth for this week's video of the BRS/WWC System series and he actually goes as far as saying this will solve your lighting forever to the point that it should never be a factor in issues in the tank. ;Jawdrop

I did all the measurements with the pumps on, and then for fun a few with the pumps off. Seems the water movement makes the Par higher. When the water is still the PAR measures lower. Am I correct in this observation?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back