PAR Question

tmhickey2023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, just wondering if everyone is using a PAR meter to determine coral placement in their tanks? And if so, which meter is recommended? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere . . . didn’t see it? TIA

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Everyone, just wondering if everyone is using a PAR meter to determine coral placement in their tanks? And if so, which meter is recommended? Sorry if this has been posted elsewhere . . . didn’t see it? TIA

Are you gonna buy a new light if you don’t like numbers you’re getting? If not just prioritize placement by high, medium, low light. Even on most of the coral sites I’m convinced they just make up suggested range based on what people have. Seen several that list things like zoas or acros at 150-200par which is low in my opinion and certainly below where they can thrive.

OP
OP
T

tmhickey2023

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you gonna buy a new light if you don’t like numbers you’re getting? If not just prioritize placement by high, medium, low light. Even on most of the coral sites I’m convinced they just make up suggested range based on what people have. Seen several that list things like zoas or acros at 150-200par which is low in my opinion and certainly below where they can thrive.
Not planning to buy a different light. Just wanted to know if it’s imperative to know the PAR readings at different depths so I can place corals at suggested levels? Thanks for the information!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 28.0%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 18 24.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 38.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.3%
Back