• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Pentair Aquatics Smart UV 40 Watt Steralizer (6 months old) - $200

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Asking $200 for my used Pentair Aquatics 40 Watt Steralizer. The current UV light should have approx. another 4-6 months of life before needing replaced by my estimations. Unfortunately, upon trying to clean it, I dropped and broken the quartz sleeve. So the buyer will want to purchase a new one from bulkreefsupply.com - $45.99 https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/emperor-aquatics-replacement-quartz-sleeve.html

Selling item only because I've started running Zeovit which does not allow a UV Sterlizer on its system.

IMG_20191108_163618.jpg

IMG_20191108_163511.jpg
IMG_20191108_163437.jpg

Silent

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very nice uv sterilizer.
Btw there are many people that use uv with zeovit. Also many that use uv periodically with zeovit to control algae and parasites.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a very nice uv sterilizer.
Btw there are many people that use uv with zeovit. Also many that use uv periodically with zeovit to control algae and parasites.
If you follow Zeovit guide they clearly state not to use a sterilizer bc the UV will kill the bacteria you are dosing to the tank.

OP
OP
Andrew Schubert

Andrew Schubert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes i understand but many still use them for their own reasons
Well I suppose everyone is free to do whatever they want with there tank -- doesn't make it correct. If you wanted to run Zeovit without the benefit of Zeovit, then by all means someone COULD run both if they so chose. However, you would be dosing expensive products for no reason at all except to burn through your cash. The whole point of Zeovit is to dose various elements to the tank for the purpose of building a highly beneficial bacteria colony that will allow you to run your system at ultra low nutrient levels. If you run a UV Sterilizer, the bacteria that is dosed will just be killed off, resulting in a waste of money and effort.

I suppose if you only used their Zeolite pellets, then running a sterilizer would still be "ok". But then you aren't actually running the Zeovit system.

There is only one sentence in the entire 30 page guide that korallen-zucht decided was important enough to put in bold letters, and it can be found on page 15 of their user guide. It says...

"We would like to emphasize that the use of Ozone or UV sterilizers are not possible with this system. The added microorganisms and elements will be destroyed by its use."

Here is a copy of the guide for reference - https://www.korallen-zucht.de/cms/files/zeoguide_103_english-1.pdf

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back