Pet co is closing more of Dr's Foster and Smith.

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LA has already gone downhill. Customer service is not what it used to be.

Guess it’s an opportunity for someone else to step up...

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not surprising that they would consolidate dry goods online facilities. Mostly redundant anyhow though I’d assume the DFS website remains (otherwise buying them would have been pointless). About the only thing I used them for is frozen foods, but now LA does that too. Remember that other than the DD facility in Wisconsin, LA is just a middle man - they maintain a website and take orders, but those are just transferred to quality marine. Will be interesting to see whether DD survives long term. It’s unoque in the industry, but probably only a small revenue generator so Petco may well see it as non core.

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will be interesting to see whether DD survives long term. It’s unoque in the industry, but probably only a small revenue generator so Petco may well see it as non core.

Yeah isn’t that the truth. When they decide to get rid of it, hopefully they’ll spin it off again rather than dismantle it

5altkreep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It sucks all the way around, but I feel bad for the 270+ people... Rhinelander is a really small town. Theres not many jobs up there.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In what way has it gone downhill? I’ve noticed essentially no difference. As I noted above, other than DD, they’re just an order taker for quality marine.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In what way has it gone downhill? I’ve noticed essentially no difference. As I noted above, other than DD, they’re just an order taker for quality marine.
Last 2 orders fish were not very heathy not like they used to be I have ordered from them for well over 10 years

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK. Fish disease problems is a systemic supply chain problem I’ll grant you that.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back