Ph and alk

Illwelder

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this hobby I have a fish and coral tank my dkh was through the roof like 22 did 2 water changes got it down to 16 but my ph is only 8 what is my next move ?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to this hobby I have a fish and coral tank my dkh was through the roof like 22 did 2 water changes got it down to 16 but my ph is only 8 what is my next move ?
Get a new test kit… you’re getting false readings there’s no way it could be 22… how are you testing ph? It’s normally suppressed because of high c02 levels in your home.. opening a door or window helps.

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wait so you’re new to the hobby and you have a fish in a tank and a separate coral tank or a tank with coral and a fish? What kind of fish do you have? What kind of coral do you have? How old is the tank? what are your other parameter? that info will really help. also 16dkh doesn’t seem right… what test kits are you using?

Neoma369

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was in the same boat, alk was 22 and I lost everything but my fish. Even the coraline alge! Now I have to re-seed

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 39.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 27.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back