Phosphates in brand new tank with no livestock?

DIvid

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Once each day per the bottles instructions. So 6 capfuls yesterday and 6 today.
It is very possible that the microbacter7 is providing the phosphate. It may be there to feed what you are seeding your tank with. If you tested after dosing both times its possible each dose is providing your tank with .11 ppm phosphate. You may very well find that tomorrow it is .33, you're not providing a source to consume phosphate at this time. I would not worry about the phosphate levels until your cycle is complete I personally think that the bacteria are not consuming the phosphate yet give it some time and they will. That's just my opinion I'm no expert though.

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the feedback :) I should have maybe tested before ever adding this and might have made this conclusion a little easier. @Randy Holmes-Farley what do you think about the microbacter7 as the cause?

Rich Klein

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just checked the tank again at it’s at .22ppm so double what I found yesterday. Again no livestock. Brand new tank. Only thing added so far is microbacter7. Could I dose nopox to lower it where I want? I really don’t want to carbon dose if I don’t have to

That's the ULR Phosphorous detector. Converted in PPB to Phosphate would be barely .01 - nothing

OP
OP
zack801

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put it in the converter in the fusion app and it converts to .22ppm. It’s 72 ppb on the reader.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back