##### Picture Entry: BC BLOOD BANK GROW-OUT CONTEST #####

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is so pale and bone white in some spots I thought it was a goner, but if Adam thinks it's still viable I'm good with it. It will make the recovery that much sweeter! @Battlecorals
I see polyps out, that's all it needs and time, if new water conditions are favorable.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's 7 days

Attachments

• 20220909_194453.jpg
    20220909_194453.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 89
  • Screenshot_20220909_194301.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909_194301.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 56

Scdell

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So like every once in awhile throw in passive aggressive comments about how the coral had better colors when I first met it?
Take it out, talk nice to it. Put it in your pocket and walk around with it. Show it the toilet. Tell it that's it's future if it doesn't behave. Works wonders for me.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I can discern any color change since the Tuesday pic. I haven't seen any PE either, but I just took a couple photos with and without a Coralview Lens and if I zoom in maybe I can see something on the the little bud on the right shoot lol idk. The whiter areas look more colored up in these new pics but not in person, I took Tues pic midday and snapped these ones just now with my lights ramping down.

20220909_195911.jpg
20220909_195950.jpg

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid that mine isn't going to make it. I woke up one morning to it lodged between 2 pieces of rock (I told ya'll I hate mounting corals) and I haven't seen the polyps since. I'm afraid they bailed from the stress. It still has color, but I'll be holding my breath until I see those polyps.

MiniGbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure I can discern any color change since the Tuesday pic. I haven't seen any PE either, but I just took a couple photos with and without a Coralview Lens and if I zoom in maybe I can see something on the the little bud on the right shoot lol idk. The whiter areas look more colored up in these new pics but not in person, I took Tues pic midday and snapped these ones just now with my lights ramping down.

20220909_195911.jpg
20220909_195950.jpg
Seems like it may actually make a come back!

Reefing102

Metal Halides Til The End
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm afraid that mine isn't going to make it. I woke up one morning to it lodged between 2 pieces of rock (I told ya'll I hate mounting corals) and I haven't seen the polyps since. I'm afraid they bailed from the stress. It still has color, but I'll be holding my breath until I see those polyps.
I’ve never heard of a polyp bailout on SPS but I could just not be well read in SPS enough for that. I think if you still have color, you should be good for right now. I have yet to see the polyps on mine unless I’m blind. I still have the color though.

Tonycass12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp bailout on sps isint a thing really. Its probably just stressed and irritated. As long as the flesh isint pulling away from the skeleton you should be fine. Make sure when you re adhere it to the rock you scrub the spot on the rock well with a brush so your adhering to a clean surface.

IslandLifeReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20220909_195911.jpg
20220909_195950.jpg

That piece looks like it will make it to me. I counted six polyps and the flesh looks in tact. Even at the base, I don't see any sign of recession.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That piece looks like it will make it to me. I counted six polyps and the flesh looks in tact. Even at the base, I don't see any sign of recession.
There a couple bone white spots that concern me but I hope you are right. They don't show real well in the pics but you can see one area on the blue pic at the bottom, there is another spot a bit higher where it starts budding and a small area on the right offshoot as well.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Polyp bailout on sps isint a thing really. Its probably just stressed and irritated. As long as the flesh isint pulling away from the skeleton you should be fine. Make sure when you re adhere it to the rock you scrub the spot on the rock well with a brush so your adhering to a clean surface.
That makes me feel a lot better. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't getting nervous.

Oregon Grown Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve never heard of a polyp bailout on SPS but I could just not be well read in SPS enough for that. I think if you still have color, you should be good for right now. I have yet to see the polyps on mine unless I’m blind. I still have the color though.
Glad to hear that. I'll be the first to admit I'm no sps expert. I got lucky in the past when I knew only a little. Now that I know a ton more, it seems as though that luck ran out. There might be a lesson in there somewhere...

MiniGbr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had mine a tough too high of PAR I think, so one side bleached a bit. Moved it lower
and flipped it. Seems happier for certain, but hopefully the stress didn’t stunt my start

acananoreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine is doing things. Little bitty polyps are visible most of the time and the light colored rapid encrusting growth is getting dark and I think it's growing some. The coloration remains pretty brown, I doubt it will get great coloration due to my lighting (fluval 13.5 stock light). I'm working on keeping nutrient on the lower end by being religious about water changes. Feeding AB+ daily and various particulate and meaty foods for the other critters 2-3 times a week. We'll see what happens!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back