matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers,

I'm not quite sure what's growing in my coral QT tank here:
IMG_1616.jpeg

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!
Matthias

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi fellow reefers,

I'm not quite sure what's growing in my coral QT tank here:
IMG_1616.jpeg

Thanks and have a great weekend everyone!
Matthias
Looks like Dino. I may not be an expert but, my tank had this a couple weeks back and I assume I had Dinos. So I raised my nutrients and removed carbon and gfo

OP
OP
matthias_bln

matthias_bln

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like Dino. I may not be an expert but, my tank had this a couple weeks back and I assume I had Dinos. So I raised my nutrients and removed carbon and gfo

Thanks, Miguel! Is raising nutrients the only thing you did? Did you manually remove it as well?

Thanks,
Matthias

Molsman24

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

How high do you let your nutrient levels rise before restarted either carbon or GFO back into the tank??

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, Miguel! Is raising nutrients the only thing you did? Did you manually remove it as well?

Thanks,
Matthias
@12gallonsofhex my turn.

Bad new folks I have Dino in my tank

I had it in 2017 and it wiped out 90% of my corals. This time I know what I’m dealing with. Cheato dropped phosphates to undetectable levels.

plan.
Dosing refresh than waste away. I worked for cyano supposed to help with Dino as well.

No water changes. New sw seems to fuel growth. So my water changes will be into Into a 5 micron sock into a 5g bucket and dumped back into the tank

dosing phosphates into the tank.

that’s my plan. It worked last time it will work this time.
This is what I did. You can follow the progress on my thread. The dino isn't blooming any more

Last edited:

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How high do you let your nutrient levels rise before restarted either carbon or GFO back into the tank??
Honestly I couldn’t even tell you an exact number because I have a 20 gallon and I didn’t have test kits. But, I feed my tank like I had a 55 gallon with 12 fish! Everyday feeding and reef roids until you see another algae compete with it. So once I started seeing algae on the glass I would continue and without cleaning until it got dirty. Now all he dinos is gone and I did a water change and added everything in

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks,
Matthias
Yeah it helped a lot I fed everyday like I had twice the size tank with quadruple times the fish and coral until another algae competes with it. With manual, I found myself seeing it comeback

Miguel Negron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah it helped a lot I fed everyday like I had twice the size tank with quadruple times the fish and coral until another algae competes with it. With manual, I found myself seeing it comeback
But, you should use a turkey baster and blow it off

Back