• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Powder Blue Tang rescue (free with proof of large tank!)

wildcard

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi!

The short of it:
Powder Blue Tang in San Francisco - free to pickup for anyone who can prove they have an adequate tank to house it. I will require from you a picture in front of your 125 gallon or larger tank holding a sign that says "PBT"...you could write it on the back of an envelope, just need to see you have a large enough tank and you holding the sign in front of it. Use the timer feature on your camera phone if no one is home to take a pic of you, but I won't give it away not knowing it isn't going to a good home! Get him ASAP, he needs room to swim!

The long of it:
Sunday I made an emotionally impulsive purchase - a Powder Blue Tang - to "save" it from the LFS, with the intention of finding it a good home. Hear me out - this came from a LFS who I happen to go to for media replacements because it's one of the only ones in town I can get to without a car or public transportation(most people in SF don't have cars, for the record!). I generally avoid their livestock sales as their tanks are not kept in good condition and often there are dead fish present, not to mention puffers spinning in circles in tiny enclosures, etc. The LFS has a "bag sale" on Sundays, in which new livestock is delivered from their suppliers and the fish, still in bags floating in their tanks, is sold cheaper than once it touches their (presumably) filthy water. I saw this guy in the bag and my heart melted into a puddle. I felt I could give him a better chance, sort of quarantined, in my 40B with clean clear water than there in their tanks. Not to worry, Tang Police, I realize all the faults of my emotional decision making.

It's in good shape, looks like a little tear on its tail but otherwise ok. It's been in my tank since late Sunday night.

I'm unemployed due to COVID, I shouldn't be buying fish to begin with, but also because I'm unemployed I've been overdosing on those Dodo rescue videos from Facebook in which every manner of animal is rescued and re-homed. I realize, trust me, all of the faults in my thinking, and that next time I will save myself and the fish the trouble of rehoming, even if I come across a sad looking one. Aghhhhhhh. Anyway, help a PBT and a fellow reefer out, this beautiful one is yours if you feel up to the task.
#reefsqaud #TangPolice

Last edited:

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I am sure u will find it a home. I would take him but I am in AZ. I lost my Pbt last year after having him for about 5 years and he was bought from another reefer who had him for a while also. Waiting for another “rescue” one.

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a buddy with a 150 gallon we are in the bay area ill let you know

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have any pics the video isnt working

hovo626

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thats nice of you, I'd take it off your hands but My 150 is way down in Los Angeles. I've got a Naso Tang in there that it would probably love to be tank mates with.

Gennaio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can take him tried pm'img would habe nice home in 150gallon in the bay area

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back