PRE FLASH SALE - 48 HRS - Sat 9/9 & Sun 9/10 - Grab some goodies before our Monday Flash Sale!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alrighty ladies and invertebrates lets get this party started!!
We will be running this first game until 4:30 then the second game will start while a winner is chosen.
Rules for this first game are simple. Please post a picture of your favorite coral. Feel free to share why it is your favorite if you would like. Winner will receive a gift card that can be used in conjunction with any discount codes.

Vince Vaughn Party GIF

Cole_Voeller

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suck at taking good pictures, but this torch that I picked up last week is currently my favorite. I love my blue corals, and this torch has some really nice light blue tips. My second favorite coral (also blue tipped torch) is right to the left of it lol.
IMG_8397.png
IMG_8398.png

CaptainSupersonic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NOTE I grabbed this photo from the interwebs. My current elegance is not so illustrious.

So many corals to love however, I really love the elegance coral. I am on the lookout for a bright yellow tip with a dark body/mouth/tentacles. Why do I love this coral? Well, I love how the plate shape flows in current, how the colors moves around each other especially with a bit of contrast in colors, and I love how they grow.

Attachments

• red-elegance-coral-4.jpg
    red-elegance-coral-4.jpg
    240.4 KB · Views: 35

mrpontiac80

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be running this first game until 4:30 then the second game will start while a winner is chosen.
Rules for this first game are simple. Please post a picture of your favorite coral. Feel free to share why it is your favorite if you would like. Winner will receive a gift card that can be used in conjunction with any discount codes.

Vince Vaughn Party GIF
Currently I love my torches but my favorite is the hellfire!
IMG_7569.jpeg

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I suck at taking good pictures, but this torch that I picked up last week is currently my favorite. I love my blue corals, and this torch has some really nice light blue tips. My second favorite coral (also blue tipped torch) is right to the left of it lol.
IMG_8397.png
IMG_8398.png
Nice! Love those guys. Definetly love the contrast between the green and blue as you do not see too much of that in the hobby besides in zoas/favias

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
NOTE I grabbed this photo from the interwebs. My current elegance is not so illustrious.

So many corals to love however, I really love the elegance coral. I am on the lookout for a bright yellow tip with a dark body/mouth/tentacles. Why do I love this coral? Well, I love how the plate shape flows in current, how the colors moves around each other especially with a bit of contrast in colors, and I love how they grow.
They can get crazy big in the wild. They certainly are interesting little creatures. I love the yam shape they come in from the wild. The little point they have helps them dig into the sand so they do not get thrown around by the current. The amount of flesh to skeleton is also quite interesting. Ive seen ones that are a 12 inches + with only a little 3 inch skeleton underneath haha

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No idea why as it is not fancy but ever since I got in the hobby I thought these were neat.
Reading one of my first coral books I saw one of these that were huge and for some reason it now has a special place in my heart haha
1694299593940.png

nsteinca

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vince Vaughn Party GIF
B1F8F94E-6284-41A2-AF79-16FBF761E165.jpeg

My favorite right now has got to be this black sun coral colony I got from you guys

TeamAquaSD

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
B1F8F94E-6284-41A2-AF79-16FBF761E165.jpeg

My favorite right now has got to be this black sun coral colony I got from you guys
OMG. I remember that one. We actually just got more in. We were looking all over for it for your order. Turns out black corals on black frag racks make them excellent hide and seek contestants!

Work Office GIF

KaiVela

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vince Vaughn Party GIF

IMG_7457.jpeg

Hands down, no hesitation, it’s Euphyllia for me .. and if I had to choose more specifically I’d go for Torches but Euphyllia themselves is what got me into this hobby.

Well, it’s mostly what got me into this hobby. A bit of backstory: my girlfriend and I have been together for 7 years and we seldom have much in common which is honestly great because it encourages both of us to step out of our comfort zones every now and then. But it also means that hobbies are rarely shared between us ..

A few months ago we were on our broke college kids vibes and looking through Nextdoor for free stuff around our area to either keep or upcycle and sell for a profit. We stumbled across a 45gal tank that a local reefer was just nonchalantly giving away to make space for a 300gal (lucky guy). Anyways, after loading it into the car, he offered for us to come inside and check out his 180gal tank that’s been established for about a decade. The tank was beautifully filled with lush Euphyllia gardens of all colors and sizes. The way that mine and my girlfriend’s eyes lit up as we both looked at each other in awe over the movement the Euphyllia created in the tank was and still is something I hold close to my heart.

We took the 45gal home originally to clean it up and sell it but we both agreed (awesome right??) to set up a marine tank of our own. Maybe even sell frags in the future. What you’re seeing in the photo is our own little Euphyllia garden in a frag tank that we worked on building up together. It’s not much yet but we’re prideful and glad it’s our own. We still have that same look every time we sit down and enjoy it, and I’m immensely grateful it’s something we both share.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 67 32.7%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back