• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Prime 3D Reefing Shade/Diffuser

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the title says I’m looking for a shade for my Prime. The diffuser piece is not needed.
I would need it shipped to 27858.
Thanks

OP
OP
Fishyjoey

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a link to a free download.

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a link to a free download.

You can also buy one on that website you posted. His free files are not for commercial use so someone is not supposed to be using his file to print items for sale.

OP
OP
Fishyjoey

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would really like to purchase a used 3Dreefing shade. I like the way it stays below the vent openings of the light. I thought someone may make one similar or have one to sell.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Need to tweak print settings a bit as it's a little rough. I made the first one 40mm as you can see in the picture. Thinking I could offer one that is 60mm if someone wants a bit more shade. If you go too far it will block the spread somewhat. Screws can be a little short but that was the shortest I had on hand.
AIPrime1.jpg
AIPrime2.jpg

Moe K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
26$ is too much for a new 3DReefing diffuser/shade? :confused:

OP
OP
Fishyjoey

Fishyjoey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual 3D Reefing shade is on sale on their website for $26. It snaps on without the screws.

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The actual 3D Reefing shade is on sale on their website for $26. It snaps on without the screws.
The other one doesn't snap on, it just sits over the top of the light and rests on the top edge. Mine goes on from the bottom and fits without the screws. I just added screws to make sure it stays secure. it's cheaper too...

If the long screws bug you they can be removed or shortened for a better look. I just didn't have any on hand and didn't want to spend a lot of time on the screws.

lynaea75

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other one doesn't snap on, it just sits over the top of the light and rests on the top edge. Mine goes on from the bottom and fits without the screws. I just added screws to make sure it stays secure. it's cheaper too...

If the long screws bug you they can be removed or shortened for a better look. I just didn't have any on hand and didn't want to spend a lot of time on the screws.
Not true, the 3D reefing one snaps on just below / in the vent holes.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 69 56.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.4%
Back