protein skimmer

Johnwhitnab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i turned my protein skimmer off for a couple days and plunged it back in a couple hours ago and the bubbles won’t stop. the nozzle is turned all the way down. does anyone know why it’s doing this?

D9828276-0CA9-4388-BD12-6A4DAFD9B3E4.jpeg

KTrevino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add anything to the water? was anything in general added to the tank?

OP
OP
J

Johnwhitnab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add anything to the water? was anything in general added to the tank?
i did add someone chemiclean stuff for this red slime on the sand about 4 days ago and that’s why i unplugged it. would a water change make it stop?

KTrevino

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did add someone chemiclean stuff for this red slime on the sand about 4 days ago and that’s why i unplugged it. would a water change make it stop?
Water change then make some extra saltwater. Turn skimmer on lowest setting and let it collect. Empty the cup as it gets full. Replace the water as you go. You will have to use the skimmer to get out the stuff that is making it over skim. Run some carbon after you get all of it out and that should help!

OP
OP
J

Johnwhitnab

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Water change then make some extra saltwater. Turn skimmer on lowest setting and let it collect. Empty the cup as it gets full. Replace the water as you go. You will have to use the skimmer to get out the stuff that is making it over skim. Run some carbon after you get all of it out and that should help!
thank u so much just did 20% wc and the skimmer is on

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 155 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back