PurpleMonster's 36X30X18 SPS Domination!

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank and light set - did i understand right that you have been running the LEDs for a while now but only recently added the T5's

OP
OP
PurpleMonster

PurpleMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice tank and light set - did i understand right that you have been running the LEDs for a while now but only recently added the T5's
Thanks, that is correct for almost 6 months now i have been running LED only, and just 3 weeks or so ago i added 2 T5's to the mix in order help my pinks and reds(got the Pastel look)

Tank is looking great buddy!
Thanks bro!! much appreciated!

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i would try a couple blue + bulbs just to see if you like the look
i run pure LED and have a lot of red lps. i had to lower my photo period a bit to keep them deep red because they were going pale from too much light. now everything seems quite happy and my colors are better
fwiw when i ran T5's i always found that red corals like blue lights, and the bluer the better

OP
OP
PurpleMonster

PurpleMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting John, I figured it might have been too strong a light for some of these corals especially for the RedPlanet since it lost all its green skin once i put it up high in the rockwork. Then when it got blasted by the LED's months ago it just became pastel. The reds are the ones affected more by th is. I will pick up some Blue + bulbs and try them out see what happens.

Thanks.

OP
OP
PurpleMonster

PurpleMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! one year down or so another 2 or so to go before its packed lol.

OP
OP
PurpleMonster

PurpleMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats up guys have not updated this in a bit but just watned to let everyone know that the tank was taken down.... :(. Bought a house and honestly did not want to move 100+ gallons of water, i had a hard enough time moving 50G lol. I setup my frag system in the basement at my new house and have begun building for the 210G ;)...... hopefully in a month or two i will be up and running. Will start a new thread with the pics of progress :).

rafy_pr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup!!!...the aqua scape is very clean and neat and the choice of corals fit perfect!!.....Amazing growth for that period of time!!!...keep us posted on any updates or add-ons!!!!

OP
OP
PurpleMonster

PurpleMonster

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, Revival!.... returning to What should have never been broken down!

currently running a 24X24X18 custom(AIO), but its already looking way too cramped and I only have a hand full of frags(-10) lol. So!

36X30X20 this time, 2 Radions, Deltec MC500(update pump to Sicce 400+ lph to match stock pump). Well at least its what im hoping to attain, that or 36X24X20 would also be soothing to the eye.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back