OP
OP
Q

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand has a shelf for power strips. Both side panels are removable for complete and total access. They are held in place by magnetic catches. The back wall will be used for mounting the plumbing manifold, media reactors, and UV sterilizer. I may possible add a cross support 2x4 for mounting the equipment once the plumbing is complete.

View attachment 535.jpg

537.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank is drilled along the back wall to accommodate a 16" Synergy Reef low profile overflow kit. It will be plumbed as a "Bean Animal" full siphon overflow with dual fail safes. I positioned the overflow to the left of the tank with the return coming up on the right side. This will align with the filter socks and return pump in the sump for clean and easy plumbing. Additionally I added a vinyl black tank backing for aesthetics and to allow the internal overflow box to blend cleanly into the background.

541.jpg

539.jpg

540.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Q

qterry22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lookin good Q! I look forward to stunning it full of life!!

Thanks man! I am so excited to be working on this build. Its been in the works in my head for quite some time. I just got confirmation that some of the parts that were on back order that I needed for plumbing just shipped. So I should be able to finish the plumbing soon and then update the progress. I am beyond excited about getting this thing moving. I am debating if I want to set up a 40g frag tank beside it or if I should get back into breeding clowns.

Lol. One thing at a time....I get all hyped up on my next project before my current one is complete. I blame this on my undiagnosed OCD/ADD personality.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 154 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back