Quarantine advice

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not. The aeration seems to be helping quite substantially actually tho. It seems like my corals are fuller than they have been in months. The fish are still acting somewhat normal and still scavenging and eating well. You think I’ve just been unintentionally starving my tank of dissolved oxygen?
possibly, that's why I would suggest getting a UV sterilizer. everything in the tank is fighting for that o2. do you have a wave maker or return nozzle pointed at the water surface to create water line breakage to help get o2 into the water

OP
OP
Juice2oh

Juice2oh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
possibly, that's why I would suggest getting a UV sterilizer. everything in the tank is fighting for that o2. do you have a wave maker or return nozzle pointed at the water surface to create water line breakage to help get o2 into the water
I do. I have 2 Nero5s pointed to the water surface on either side of the tank. They rotate on a 6hr interval. I have the flow dialed back quite a bit tho because I felt it was too much for my corals, so there’s only a little surface agitation going on…

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back