R2R Coral Grow Out Challenge! WIN a Tank, LED's, Corals, Food & more!

shecter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can anyone on the site enter this contest? also i believe the end date might be incorrect. :)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where do I find the answer to this? I would like to get started asap and this info would help me do that.

As long as it falls under the 2 inch limit. :) We're going to judge based on size start to end.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes anyone can enter!!! Fixing the end date as well. :)

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IM in too. I have just one Acropora in my tank now. it is just about 1/3" so lots of potential. Hmmm... Maybe also do some Pickupman Space invaders??? LOL. naw thats cheating. I may see how fast I can grow some Solar Fusions. Something High dolla!

HmoneyReefOkc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm assuming yellows, buttons,texas trash, and pink and golds aren't going to be capable of winning as it'd be no challenge to turn 1 into 100 in three months. I think the sponsors and mod's are going to actually judge based on overal and the coral capabilities... I'm thinking i'll enter all three categories, and maybe doing smurf bloods as my zoa.

Rev- With the ever-growing overlap of palys/zoas are you going to allow paly's for zoa contest? if so i've got a 1 polyp grandis, and 1 polyp voodoo paly that'd be sweet to watch grow out on this...

danangelo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to post the frag next to a ruler or something for proper size just clarify I can enter 3 frags per category right?

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do we need to post the frag next to a ruler or something for proper size just clarify I can enter 3 frags per category right?

First post in the rules section:

2. Members can submit one coral per category. Three entries maximum, one per category.

5. Contestants must post photos of coral entries at the start and end of contest as well as at required times with a ruler clearly visible to show size/growth.

rock_lobster

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don't really get it either? shouldn't there be a list of suitable types of zoos/sps for the grow out that have similar growth rates? what fun is it for someone to grow out button polyps and bridsnest. like pick from a list of 20 zoos and 20 sps?

kireek

PLANESWALKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking forward to this competition! I appreciate how everyone can enter regardless of location or budget.

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I don't really get it either? shouldn't there be a list of suitable types of zoos/sps for the grow out that have similar growth rates? what fun is it for someone to grow out button polyps and bridsnest. like pick from a list of 20 zoos and 20 sps?

Every coral grows different in every tank. There are a ton of variables so it's hard to make it perfect. Part of the contest is picking something you think will grow quickly in your tank.

iapo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm only thinking that zoanthid are well showed only by top picture than side ......moreover to appreciate polips growt.....arent you agree?

Derek'sReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im definitely gonna enter this gonna be fun. I have a sps that has jus been taking off and my acans always multiply so im excited.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 43 43.9%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 47 48.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.0%
Back