Radion XR15 blue G5 vs AI Hydra 32 HD

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
which light is better overall? Can the hydra32HD do AB+ as optimal as the Radion XR15 G5?

With all of the issues from cracking noise, cracked body, damaged cable, fan running loud and continuously, not running the set schedule, mobius app still in development and not optimal, it makes me reluctant to get the Radion. On top of that the mounting arms hand a bit droopy over tank.

Here in Canada, the hydra is $75 cheaper and the mounting system on Hydra seems to be more robust than Radion's.

alton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In the BRS article the AI fixture had to be twice as high above your tank to get the spread, the G5 did at 6". Which is the problem with most Led fixtures having to be 12 to 14" off of your tank to get an even spread.

Backtoreefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guess I’m lucky, no problem with my xr15 blue gen 5’s. After the update Mobius seems to take longer to load and does funny things app wise, but my lights work as scheduled, no cracks, fan noise not an issue but they(the fans) do run 24/7 which is unnecessary when they are off and hope that changes as firmware/software progresses. I have two over a 60 gallon hex and only run them at 50% intensity so I reduced the fan to 50% also.

Cblair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just received an xr15 blue this week and its been over my tank for two days now. I have not noticed any of the reported issues, but i think this light was part of the newest batch released from ecotech. I do notice the fan when on but its not as loud as i thought it would be. So far so good with the light, its in an aquatic life t5 hybrid fixture and corals so far have responded well after switching out a red sea reefled 90. The spread is much better than the red sea and corals seem to glow a little more. Running a modified ab+ similar to WWC.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 28 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 105 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.2%
Back