Rainbow BTA and AI prime HD and 2 MP-10's

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any advice on a good light cycle for the prime ? Trying to find a good one. Made some changes and can't figure out if it was the Light schedule or the mp-10 change to TSM. He's lost most of his color an moved to a place, i feel like he's getting battered by the power head. I just want to change to settings that are good and leave them. Thoughts?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Go heavy in blue . I would say 85% blue, 18% white, 6%red and 4% green

Luke’s reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remember when you change your light settings your corals will still be unhappy as its a change for them regardless if its good or not. Corals need very little white light to grow they make better use of the blue spectrum and a few others like red, green and UV make colours pop. Like @vetteguy53081 says Id run high on blues around 80/85% and low whites 20% max then 5/8% on red and greens. Anemones are very temperamental and if unhappy will just move around, make sure that if you do adjust anything feed in from time to time. As time goes by if its eating well and its tentacles are sticky its good signs.

OP
OP
Woodyth

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Go heavy in blue . I would say 85% blue, 18% white, 6%red and 4% green
I just found The pirates preset. Seems ok. Any suggestions on the mp-10's I have two, one bottom left corner facing across the back and one top right facing across the front.

Luke’s reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found The pirates preset. Seems ok. Any suggestions on the mp-10's I have two, one bottom left corner facing across the back and one top right facing across the front.
With all my tanks I always aim to have a steady back and fourth flow pattern. When i previously had the mp-40s i was running then on alternating pulses to get that back and fourth wave going and only adjusting the strength to where the anemone/corals were not struggling to stay fully open.

OP
OP
Woodyth

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After all the trials and tribulations as of late, I feel like he might be getting happier. Even seeing bubbles all of a sudden. :)

anemone.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back