Re-scaping

Blennyblonco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologies on the double post. Rescaping should have been the title

Sry so long and if this has been asked/answered before. I saw a few similar post but where at a smaller scale . I am newer to this site and looking for advice. I have a 220g, 2.5yr old tank with about 200lbs of rock within. I had to get a fish out which required moving the rock and its look like garbage since. I was never really in love with the layout anyway. More importantly, I need to improve the flow! So, I want to take down and re-scape. What I'd like to do is break the existing rock and make more of a stucture rather than just stacking again. I made a few small stuctures when setting up so I know its a time consuming process. Especially for the larger scale structure/s im hoping to make.

My question is at amount of time I can have the rock out of the water so I'm not having to start from scratch with the cycling process. I still have my fish and corals which i would not be able to store elsewhere for that to happen.. My thought would be to remove 1 piece at a time, break up and put in to a bin of water with a power head/heater keeping the flow. The problem then becomes the amount of time it takes to create along with curing time of glue and mortar

I'm sure others have had to do this in the past so I'm looking for tips on what you may have done that made this successful.

Thank you all in advance!

16147960107781021982656162407973.jpg

OP
OP
Blennyblonco

Blennyblonco

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you asking if you have minutes, hours or days? I think if you're taking a rock out, working with it then putting it back in water you’ll be fine
I wish just minutes. Im guessing the rock/s would be out of water for a few hours at a time. Id keep it submerged until needed.I've read as long as I need, just need to keep it wet. Probably 10-12 hours start to finish.

Upvote 0

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 136 43.3%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 108 34.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 49 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back