Reactor Media for Mushroom boxes

Leadfooted

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm looking at using Two Little Fishes Reborn Reactor media as a base inside my mushroom boxes. Will this effect my water chemistry at all when using just as a bed for the shrooms?

dank reefer

IG: dankreefer_IG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct.

It's no different than crush coral that they sell as substrate, it just doesnt have anything else in it like what you get from a bag of sand.

nano reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone recommended I do the same. I bought a bag of it a few years ago but I didint finish the frag tank as I got real sick and was down for months. So it lost the cycle and I just abounded the whole idea!

Does anyone know if it come in a mesh bag? Thats what I have and now I am thinking maybe I bought another brand. I remember reading that the newer stuff was different somehow I think it was smaller. What ever is in this mesh bag dosnt look like coral skelton and a lot of reactor media is aragonite. Would that be a problem in my frag tank? I know my sand in other tanks is aranonite!

I am scared as well that it might change the calcium or throw things off. I did have a person tell me that he used it before though.

Did you end up using it? How well did it do @ leadfooted

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 39 19.7%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.5%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 147 74.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 4.5%
Back