Really wanted to stay with Triton…...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Naturalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I was really hoping to take my reefing to the next level with the Triton System, but just too much babysitting my water samples for the money paid. I need samples to be read in a timely manner so I can correct deficiencies.

The website is not very friendly to navigate, doesn’t update me when my water sample is in the mail and the only way I get my sample read is if I email asking where my sample is. A lab is in the USA, I can’t imagine how long it would take if I had to ship overseas. Had high hopes for this company.

Thanks for allowing me to vent…..

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was really hoping to take my reefing to the next level with the Triton System, but just too much babysitting my water samples for the money paid. I need samples to be read in a timely manner so I can correct deficiencies.

The website is not very friendly to navigate, doesn’t update me when my water sample is in the mail and the only way I get my sample read is if I email asking where my sample is. A lab is in the USA, I can’t imagine how long it would take if I had to ship overseas. Had high hopes for this company.

Thanks for allowing me to vent…..
Sorry to hear that this was your experience with our company. While I do not feel your experience is representative of the general customer (we are regularly testing hundreds of samples each week) I wish you all the best in the future with whichever ICP testing service you decide to use.

Julian@Triton

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The NDOC test takes a month????????????
Generally 2-3 weeks unless there is a holdup in customs. Regardless the N-DOC test provides invaluable information over the long term and is the only way to determine if you are dosing some products correctly (eg. aminos, bacterial supplements, organic carbon, etc.).

Beazy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I’m not having the success I want yet (pretty sure it’s 100% me and not any “method”) I do get my results back fast. I sent my quarterly test last Friday, had it arrive on Monday and got my results on Tuesday. I did get notifications for it arriving and it being completed and ready for viewing.

I do agree with the website. In my opinion it could be much better around storing settings and spamming. Would be awesome if the base triton site saved my preferred language when I click it and also be nice for me not to get spammed with the social info whenever I navigate to a new base page.

Outside of that, it’s been a delightful experience. My last test was finally my first test that didn’t come back telling me to do 6 water changes :)

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

• I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other.

Back