• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Received 1 eye bpc FT frag, not 3 eyes frag from Scottdl99

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting a new thread to report the recent transaction with Scottdl99...I have paid for 3 eyes frag, but received a 1 eye frag. I am still waiting to see what he can do to make it right.....
photo-14.jpg

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread was just restarted because of outside comments, Please do not comment unless your the buyer or seller. Thanks

Scottdl99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate everyone that left their thought in the last thread concerning this situation. It really sucks that it was deleted I believe….I have sold frags on multiple forums for years and have gotten nothing but positive feedback. Even have 100% eBay rating with 148 transactions. I am not here to ruin any of that.

This is my situation; I’ll try to explain myself better this time…
On Feb 5th I sent the first pic to the buyer. This frag was cut and healed for over a month. I told him this is the frag I have for $900. It has 3 eyes. The buyer made several lower offers and finally I agreed to sell it to him for $700 plus shipping. I really needed the money to pay off a ER visit. Once we agreed to this he asked what other frags/corals I have. We went thru what I had. He asked for a frag of my tyree pink watermelon…then proceeded to ask for it as a freebie….I agreed to this. BUT…I told him I don’t have any frags of it cut and ready. I would have to borrow a buddy’s band saw, cut in and let it heal for a few weeks and then ship them out. I don’t like losing coral due to shipping them too fast after cutting them. He agreed to this and wanted to wait and get the TPW with the FT. It took me a little over a week to finally get the band saw from my buddy just to find out it wasn’t working correctly. I informed the buyer of this and informed him I would have to go buy a new one at Premium as soon as I could. Buyer said ok. It took me about 2 weeks to get down to premium and buy it. My life and work was very busy during this. Once again the buyer was fine with this. I cut 3 frags of the TPW on and gave him choice of the three. He picked out a multiple eye frag (good choice). On March 31st I informed the buyer that the TPW was fully healed and starting to grow. He asked me to wait to ship them. Then again kept asking me to wait to ship. Finally on May 21st the buyer asked me to ship the frag. I agreed to ship on May 22nd. Unfortunately I got stuck at work late and could not get it shipped. I contacted the buyer and informed him of this. With Memorial day coming we agreed to have them shipped on May 30th. I also told him I would throw in a multi-eye frag of emerald mummy eye for the delay. Buyer was ok with this.
Now…..I have been checking on this frag over the past 4 months just glancing at his frags to make sure they are still healthy and alive. I did not notice it had grown/changed from the original 3 eyes. YES my mistake. If I had noticed it I would have said something. I just was in the “packing zone” to make sure everything made it alive. I packed the 3 frags up in a 11x11x10 pre-formed styro box. Frags were triple bagged in about a cup or more of water. Placed in the box surrounded with packing peanuts and a 30 hr heat pack taped in on the lid.

Once again this whole delay/hold started with the buyer wanting me to throw in a free frag that had to be cut and the heal….I strongly feel that I should not be held responsible for the frag growing the way it did over the 4 month period.

Here are the pics....
Original pic I sent before it was paid for:
IMG_0205.JPG

Pics I sent to buyer on request on March 15th:
IMG_0287.JPG

IMG_0288.JPG

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, u did not let me know the frag grew into a one eye frag before shipping out nor sent me an updated pic at all. If I was informed or had the opportunity to see the latest pic. I would have told u to let me choose a different frag or cancel the transaction. Second, when I received the pics on march, u let me know the eye grew bigger, but not grew together. Also, u let me know that was a 4th eye forming. Third, i was the one who sent u the text message to urge u ship the frags to me as it been too long for the wm to be healed. Now, u r blaming on the 2 eyes TPW frag. r u serious??

Last edited:
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, if this frag died in your tank, don't u think u would need to replace me with another 3 eyes frag? So, I don't see the point why r u still having hard time to accept the fact that I shall receive a 3 eyes frag. What is the logic behind???

Scottdl99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pack all three frags just like I sent them to you. Once they arrive alive I will refund your $700

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will gladly return them to u if u refund me the shipping and pay for the shipping. I don't see why I would wanna pay another 104.77 for it. Otherwise, please kindly send me a another frag with 2 eye BPC FT if not 1 eye frag would be fine too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With all the time, energy and emotion that I wasted on this transaction, I don't think I will split any cost with u. U really cannot imagine how ****** i am. After spending entire night to think about this whole situation. I realize i cannot trust you. I am taking a risk here to return the frags to u, who knows u might disappear or come out with somethings and not refund the money to m once u received the frags. I am not even protected by eBay buyer protection plan here. Therefore, I request u to either send me another 1 mature eye bpc ft frag or refund 50% of my money. If u prefer return, then please kindly refund all my money (804.77)prior shipping and also pay for the return shipping. This is the best resolution that I can think of.

Scottdl99

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you have refused my offer and after receiving multiple PM's, e-mails and phone calls from people I know, people I have sold to in the past and EVEN people I don't know.....All of them confirming my thoughts, and some things that these people said I really wish I could post...lol....I will keep it clean and simple.....This transaction is finished....Thanks!

OP
OP
hermesfansf

hermesfansf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also received messages that confirmed my thought, therefore,, there is no point to involve third parties at this point. The honest truth is I have received 1 eye frag from you, though I have paid for a 3 eyes frag that was clearly stated on the PayPal invoice. I have learned an expensive lesson here that I will always remember. Did I just break a record in r2r? 800 for 1 eye of BPC FT frag.....

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.4%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 41 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.4%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back