Red Sea Max nano is it a good choice?

adrianbravo93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I’m new to salt water I want to buy this tank for a reef can you help me know if I can add a refugium on this combo and basically if you recommend this tank or if there is any other choice I need a white stand like Red Sea that’s my wife condition thanks

Flexin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can add a refugium to just about any tank. Just depends on the size you want and space available. If you want it inside the cabinet or a hang on. That whats great and difficult at times about the hobby.

There are a few threads on new to the hobby and what to consider. The major item is budget. Red Sea makes great stuff, but it a bit more expensive. If you have more room in the budget over the tank and cabinet, then that's fine because you will need it for rock, and other equipment.

Do you have to have a all in one tank? If you want a sump below you will have to drill a hole or run a line to a tank below. Are you up for that? If you get a tank already drilled for a sump that would be easier, especially just starting off.

OP
OP
adrianbravo93

adrianbravo93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the idea of a sump but I like this tank because of how it looks with the stand and if I can have the refugium or I’m in Miami I had visited two or 3 stores but haven’t find something that looks modern this is the only thank and stand that match with everything in my home also do you recommend some corals to start for fish I will only have 2 clown fish and can you recommend a cleaner crew thanks I just want to know as much as I can before buying everything to prevent something happen

OP
OP
adrianbravo93

adrianbravo93

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t need an all in one thank but my condition is the stand needs to be modern and white or my wife will kill me

titlowda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look at the redsea Reefer nano. I had the Max and it was a pain for a couple of reasons.

You are very limited on the light because of the power station on the center back of the tank.

Skimmers are the same. It comes with one but runs super wet.

Ato will get you 1.5-2 days.

If you are spending the money look at the Reefer or something like that. There is more flexibility for space and equipment.

Coming from someone who owned a Max Nano and a Reefer 250.

titlowda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The light is going to depend on what you put in it. AI Prime all the way to XR15.

Skimmer. I’d watch the classifieds. Don’t go so big as to overskim. BRS has guides on their skimmers for tank gallons and stocking level that you can use for reference.

titlowda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want a light that you can use from Fowlr to sps in a tank like that watch the sale threads here. A360we’s pop up all the time for cheap.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back