Red Sea Reefer 250 Build

OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I dosed Nitrobacter 7 and added 6 Hermits after 4 days and the 2 Clowns after 6 days. They did good and are doing great now. I think there are only 4 Hermits now. They keep killing snails and moving in to there shells . Oh well. A week after that I added 4 Emerald Crabs and 4 Astrea snails. The Nitrogen cycle took a little over three weeks.

Some people wont cycle with fish. I always have. They stayed happy and ate well. Bacteria in a bottle helps.

Corals.com
OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Added a Red Monti cap.

Had a heck of a time gluing it down. Finally in the right spot.

20210114_155452.jpg 20210114_155506.jpg

Avast

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Cat Fish Chrissy loves her Reef tank. She thinks she is going to get one. The fish don't even pay attention to her any more as she pounces at them.

Cat fish.jpg
@Jeffcb lol. Has she jumped on the lid yet? What can someone do to keep cats from jumping up there?

OP
Jeffcb

Jeffcb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Jeffcb lol. Has she jumped on the lid yet? What can someone do to keep cats from jumping up there?
No. I don't know if she is smart or not smart but the fish know she cant get them. They don't even pay attention to her anymore.

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
No. I don't know if she is smart or not smart but the fish know she cant get them. They don't even pay attention to her anymore.
@Jeffcb lol when I do chore here on the ranch one of my cats (the ranch cat) is always jumping up on to fence posts to get eye-level to me for affection. Although he is strictly an outdoor cat since he is a white long-hairy cat and gets his hair all over the house especially on the furniture, but occasionally sneaks in the house and probably won’t hesitate to jump on top of the tank. I just need to keep him out of the house and hopefully if he sneaks in, jumps on the tank, he won’t wreck the screen top.

Do you own your DREAM CORAL?

• Yes (please tell us what in the thread)

Votes: 37 15.6%
  • NO

Votes: 192 81.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.4%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Tidal Gardens