Red Sea Reefmat250 in Red Sea Reefer 250 V3 sump

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am interested in putting a Red Sea Reefmat 250 in my Red Sea Reefer 250 V3 sump. All the sump modifications on the Red Sea website eliminate the refugium chamber. From what I can tell the Reefmat 250 should fit with modifications to the overflow chamber and the filter sock chamber without eliminating the refugium chamber. I am using the refugium as a refugium and would like to keep it intact if possible. I ask Red Sea and they were no help. Has anyone tried this?

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might we worth looking at a smaller rollermat such as the Clarisea 3000 or the Reef Factory Small? :) then you might not need to cut or modify anything - and the Clarisea is a workhorse!

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at the compatibility - you just need to remove the sock holder and the 250 roller will fit your v3 sump!

Click!

1705522497379.png

1705522525596.png

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just looking at the compatibility - you just need to remove the sock holder and the 250 roller will fit your v3 sump!

Click!

1705522497379.png

1705522525596.png
This picture is from the Red Sea website. It shows the modifications that must be made to the sump. What I have circled in red are the brackets to separate the refugium chamber from the skimmer chamber. Without those brac the refugium and skimmer chambers are one big chamber.
IMG_0869.jpeg

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This picture is from the Red Sea website. It shows the modifications that must be made to the sump. What I have circled in red are the brackets to separate the refugium chamber from the skimmer chamber. Without those brac the refugium and skimmer chambers are one big chamber.
IMG_0869.jpeg
I would like to do what this picture depicts. I would just remove the yellow panel and leave the refugium chamber intact. Red Sea won’t tell me whether this will work. I would hate to buy the expensive Reefmat, modify my sump in this fashion and then have it not fit.
IMG_0871.jpeg

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It might we worth looking at a smaller rollermat such as the Clarisea 3000 or the Reef Factory Small? :) then you might not need to cut or modify anything - and the Clarisea is a workhorse!
Thanks. I will look at them.

hairykopite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's an old thread but how did you get on with the Reefmat, I'm looking to add one to my V3 but want to keep the refugium in tack aswell. Do you find the 250 mat does the job well enough?

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to modify the sump by removing only the glass piece between the filter sock chamber and the overflow chamber and removing the filter sock bracket. The Reefmat 250 fit in that spot perfectly. It has been running for over a month and it is the best purchase I have made for my tank. No more dirty filter socks cleaner water, less hassle.

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it's an old thread but how did you get on with the Reefmat, I'm looking to add one to my V3 but want to keep the refugium in tack aswell. Do you find the 250 mat does the job well enough?

OP
OP
M

MUTiger

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to modify the sump by removing only the glass piece between the filter sock chamber and the overflow chamber and removing the filter sock bracket. The Reefmat 250 fit in that spot perfectly. It has been running for over a month and it is the best purchase I have made for my tank. No more dirty filter socks cleaner water, less hassle.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back