OP
OP
wazupjames

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you get a chance to map your par numbers?
@Lavey29 Yea, I actually got it done last night. Some very interesting results, check out the photo.
Red-Sea-110-PAR.jpg

Last edited:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Lavey29 Yea, I actually got it done last night. Some very interesting results, check out the photo.
Red-Sea-110-PAR.jpg
The tank looks beautiful but I don't think I've ever seen such consistent numbers. You have basically the same par at the top as the bottom. Thanks a lot for showing this. What is your schedule percentage?

Williamson’s Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Received an amazing shipment of SPS from @Biggestfish . Packing was top notch, some of the best I have seen actually. Sticks had great color and immediate polyp extension. Very easy to work with and has good prices. Highly recommended. 20220315_124202.jpg 20220315_124441.jpg 20220315_124446.jpg 20220315_124449.jpg
Thank you! Very much appreciated.

OP
OP
wazupjames

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank looks beautiful but I don't think I've ever seen such consistent numbers. You have basically the same par at the top as the bottom. Thanks a lot for showing this. What is your schedule percentage?
Thanks! I was surprised by the Par consistency as well. Attached a photo of my peak settings, less white earlier in the day and no white at night. Peak hours are 1-5. I like a bit more white during this time to get the colors to pop in the fish (plus more par). Settings are nothing crazy or out of the ordinary. We all grew coral just fine with T5 and Halides before all the crazy LED settings lol.
Screenshot_20220316-155941_Mobius.jpg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
Thanks! I was surprised by the Par consistency as well. Attached a photo of my peak settings, less white earlier in the day and no white at night. Peak hours are 1-5. I like a bit more white during this time to get the colors to pop in the fish (plus more par). Settings are nothing crazy or out of the ordinary. We all grew coral just fine with T5 and Halides before all the crazy LED settings lol.
Screenshot_20220316-155941_Mobius.jpg
Thanks for showing. What schedule percentage are you running currently. I'm at 77%.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Full 100%.
Wow, I have to rent a par meter somewhere. My local LFS do not have them. I am glad you got consistent numbers that you were seeking but it sure is at odds with some older XR15 par maps online that I was referencing for my tank. Yes, the corals can let you know if the light is right but it would be nice to know the full tank like you have done with yours.

Luna Lagoona

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and rock work are looking really great!

I've never done a online coral order or bought from another member (although I've got some local frags before) but your post is making me want to!

Light will certainty not be a problem for you! You could grow sps on the sand bed haha.

BigMikeFlipz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful scape, setup, corals, ... everything is top notch! Only found your build because I started looking at the 425xl and 525xl, and man am I glad I found your build. Well done!

OP
OP
wazupjames

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank and rock work are looking really great!

I've never done a online coral order or bought from another member (although I've got some local frags before) but your post is making me want to!

Light will certainty not be a problem for you! You could grow sps on the sand bed haha.
I definitely recommend trying a purchase from someone online. You can get some great deals and as long as they are well known/reputable they usually have guarantees or at least a DOA guarantee.

Thanks for checking out my tank!

OP
OP
wazupjames

wazupjames

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely beautiful scape, setup, corals, ... everything is top notch! Only found your build because I started looking at the 425xl and 525xl, and man am I glad I found your build. Well done!
Thank you so much! I definitely recommend going with the 525xl, I debated between those 2 as well - Both are fantastic sizes. But if you can get the bigger one, definitely do it.

Hope to see a new build from you soon!

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 197 70.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 21 7.6%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 52 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 2.9%
Back