Red tube with spider webs? :o

Saltybumfuzzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so ive been wondering why me xenias were all closed up and weird looking, and I saw this weird red tube thingy and there were spider web like strings coming from it, some were on my xenias and others went across the tank. Does anyone have any clue what this weird thing is hahah? My xenias were closed for a couple days but they just started kinda coming up today, this is the best picture I was able to get. Does anyone have a clue on what his might be? :Do_O

image.jpg

erinmegan85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a vermetid. It kind of sounds like the feeding web they give off can irritate corals, which is what sounds like what may be happening with your xenia. If that's the case you can either cover the end of it with superglue or break it off the rock and glue over where it was so it doesn't come back.

OP
OP
Saltybumfuzzle

Saltybumfuzzle

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a vermetid. It kind of sounds like the feeding web they give off can irritate corals, which is what sounds like what may be happening with your xenia. If that's the case you can either cover the end of it with superglue or break it off the rock and glue over where it was so it doesn't come back.
Yeah they definitely weren't happy so I took a razor blade and tried to cut it off but it smooshed haha and I scraped it off and picked off the rest that was on it until there weren't any parts of it left :D

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 4 6.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 12 18.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 6.2%
Back