• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reef Octopus CR 140 Calcium Reactor

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently upgraded and this is not enough for the 300+ gallons I am pushing through my system. I bought it new and it has about 6 months or so on it.

$220 shipped!

Calcium and Magnesium are essential elements to a healthy tank but they are quickly consumed by marine animals. For this reason, it is essential to keep supplying these elements to your tank manually. But there's no need to get your hands dirty because the Reef Octopus CR 140 Calcium Reactor can do this for you. It supplies active Ca and Mg to your tank and at the same time buffers the pH and KH levels of your main tank.

The Reef Octopus CR 140 Calcium Reactor is a reactor chamber that contains crushed skeleton of ancient hard corals and Magnesium rock. When the water in your tank goes in contact with these elements, they become loaded with Ca and Mg, just enough to maintain a healthy aquarium. It features reverse flow water so that water and CO2 will have more contact time with the coral media.

FEATURES:

Rated for Aquariums up to 200 gallons
Reverse flow and CO2 Recirculating Design
Automated Calcium and Alkalinity supplementation
About 90-85% Coral Sand and 10-15% Magnesium Rock mixed
Ca and Mg are both Active with HCO3
Calcium reaches 390-410ppm and Magnesium at 1280-1300ppm
Allows tank water to reach 10-13dkh which allows corals to breathe
Comes with PH probe holders (probe sold separately)
Comes with built-in bubble counters to monitor CO2 drip rates
Little to no maintenance
TECHNICAL SPECS:

Body Size: 5.5in
Footprint: 12in x 11in
Total Height: 24in
Media Capacity: 1 gal
Inlet Size: 1/4in
Max Feed Rate: 150GPH
CALCIUM/ ALKALINITY DEMAND:

200 Gallon – Light Demand
150 Gallon – Medium Demand
100 Gallon – Heavy Demand
RECIRCULATION PUMP INFO:

Reef Octopus Aquatrance 2000

Marc11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im interested but this may be overkill for my 45 rimless. I only run about 65-70 gallons total. But the tank will be heavily stocked with sps.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is a great reactor. No issues with it. I bought it new and I am running over 300 gallons through it. I upgraded to one that can handle a lot more water volume.

OP
OP
Reefinny

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an image - been having a hard time uploading.
CALC.jpg

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 27 36.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 8 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 24 32.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.7%
Back