Reef Pi build question

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to search forums but holy cow there are a lot of posts!
Have purchased (I think) everything to start my reef pi raspberry pi build but have a question.

In all my research I’ve deduced that you need a computer with Windows, iOS or Linux to format? All I have is an all in one desktop and it is downstairs, far away from my aquarium so maybe not too practical. I was thinking about getting the least expensive and smallest laptop I can find that I can keep next to the tank. Any suggestions?

theatrus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to search forums but holy cow there are a lot of posts!
Have purchased (I think) everything to start my reef pi raspberry pi build but have a question.

In all my research I’ve deduced that you need a computer with Windows, iOS or Linux to format? All I have is an all in one desktop and it is downstairs, far away from my aquarium so maybe not too practical. I was thinking about getting the least expensive and smallest laptop I can find that I can keep next to the tank. Any suggestions?

You only need this at the setup phase to prepare the SD card. Anything else can be done remotely if you have a Wifi or wired connection to the raspberry pi.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 28.1%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 34.4%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back