Reef Raft USA Live Sale Here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Squared

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to pic my coral up in store, so thankfully no shipping stress for me...

Their entire store is amazing. Literally thousands of frags.

Been in my tank a few days now and things look great so far. I'd take pics but you know how LEDs are :(

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were your guys packages shipped with a signature being required? I saw somewhere that's how they ship and I requested that to be waived-I have had nothing but bad luck when the delivery guy needs a sig. Mine too is scheduled to ship today-waiting on tracking detail myself so I can flip it to a hold facility if a sig is going to be required

Bumping this up to see if those who had theirs shipped had to sign...

Let me know

Mike J.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going to give it a little more time. IME I've never seen one recover from it. But, I have saved some before from as little as a quarter inch of it that was still alive. You can just leave it in your tank. It's just a rock, but to me they are ugly dead rocks.
So what do i do with it? Is it ok that he is still in the tank?

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do i do with it? Is it ok that he is still in the tank?

The coral will be dead by the morning...most likely anyway. You can leave it in there or take it out, it isn't going to effect anything either way. When getting sps it happens, a good acclimation process can help to eliminate it but it happens to everyone, sometimes they just get to banged up in shipping.

Some people can save them by cutting the living parts away from the dead parts, but in my experience it is a wasted effort and the whole thing dies from it anyway.

Last edited:

CoralLover49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The coral will be dead by the morning...most likely anyway. You can leave it in there or take it out, it isn't going to effect anything either way. When getting sps it happens, a good acclimation process can help to eliminate it but it happens to everyone, sometimes they just get to banged up in shipping.

Some people can save them by cutting the living parts away from the dead parts, but in my experience it is a wasted effort and the whole thing dies from it anyway.

Well, maybe because its my first time receiving by mail, just the thought of maybe me doing something wrong along the way upsets me to tears (ughh! Women huh), anyhow almot all the one side of it is still alive, its lights out now.. Guess ill see it in the morning..

Dixie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my shipment this morning, everything is doing great except the 2 acros. They weren't looking very good.
RR3_zps75b949f5.jpg

RR4_zpsa084b834.jpg

.Marshall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My shipment looks GREAT! Thanks guys! I will be contacting Tony to find out what Acro's I got in the mystery pack ;)

Thanks again!

bct15

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, maybe because its my first time receiving by mail, just the thought of maybe me doing something wrong along the way upsets me to tears (ughh! Women huh), anyhow almot all the one side of it is still alive, its lights out now.. Guess ill see it in the morning..

You can leave it how it is, or you can cut it off the plug and glue it with the dead side down and the entire dead side covered in superglue. Basically the same thing as cutting the dead part off. If the necrosis has stopped, it's best to leave it alone for a few days and let it recover.

Exstayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bumping this up to see if those who had theirs shipped had to sign...

Let me know

I had to sign. Ups was a bit rough with my package. She was carrying my package upside down water dripping up the driveway. I told her to be more careful with people's packages and she said "Hun it's only ice melting" I don't like ups. Fed e is much better. Luckily everything survived from Cali to Ny. Just missing some pieces.

Loki

My skimmate doesn't stink
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to sign. Ups was a bit rough with my package. She was carrying my package upside down water dripping up the driveway. I told her to be more careful with people's packages and she said "Hun it's only ice melting" I don't like ups. Fed e is much better. Luckily everything survived from Cali to Ny. Just missing some pieces.

Did you tell her that it wasn't? "No sorry. It's tiny animals from the ocean!"

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my tracking detail from Tony and tomorrow it will show sig required-the only piece I really care about is the Red Bull so time will tell.
I'll post pics since I like pictures :tongue:

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

+1 I hate UPS

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Exstayce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you tell her that it wasn't? "No sorry. It's tiny animals from the ocean!"

Ya I told her they were live and delicate and cost a good amount of money I was going to open the box before signing because she was so rough with it but then I stopped. After I signed she laughed and said "ya right" and I said to her I know what I ordered! She laughs as she's walking away. I ask for her name and she refused. Then I rushed my package In and took lots of pics as I was unpacking just in case. I recommend everyone do that. Especially If there is damage on the outside of the package. UPS has some type of insurance on all packages. Claiming may be a different story. That's why I say pic pic pic. It's worth a thousand words!

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ya I told her they were live and delicate and cost a good amount of money I was going to open the box before signing because she was so rough with it but then I stopped. After I signed she laughed and said "ya right" and I said to her I know what I ordered! She laughs as she's walking away. I ask for her name and she refused. Then I rushed my package In and took lots of pics as I was unpacking just in case. I recommend everyone do that. Especially If there is damage on the outside of the package. UPS has some type of insurance on all packages. Claiming may be a different story. That's why I say pic pic pic. It's worth a thousand words!

UPS always has the box upside down. I'd almost swear it was intentional.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 33 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 119 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.4%
Back