Reef roids every other day

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys just wondering if reefroids actually work. Ive been broadcast feeding and target feeding it to my sticks every other day. Is that too much or thats ok? I have a 125g full of sticks. Ive been dosing the full KZ stuff as well and i do see alot of growth and encrusting. Im just wondering if its reefroids every other day and if they absorb all of that or if i can do like twice a week. My po4 is at .06 to .11 and no3 at 35-40. Im trying to bring my no3 down to maybe 10 or below and po4 to 0.03. Tank is 4 months old C1FB0AC0-A937-4247-9998-74296E7DBA5D.jpeg

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a pretty solid looking tank for 4 months. Although I think you are over dosing the roids I would not change anything if you are getting positive results with thriving growth.

OP
OP
howietumba

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a pretty solid looking tank for 4 months. Although I think you are over dosing the roids I would not change anything if you are getting positive results with thriving growth.
Thank you im just looking on things i can cut back on. But roids wont increase my no3 right just po4?

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you im just looking on things i can cut back on. But roids wont increase my no3 right just po4?
Yes only phosphate. Your nitrates are slightly elevated but nothing critical. Skim a little wetter, cut your chaeto back, moderate feeding and they will come down to 10 range. Keep an eye on alk and cal. With that full bioload of coral your alk has to be getting consumed fairly high.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’ll increase it a little but not by much. Your nitrates are too high to continue to feed reef roids. I’d back off until nitrates come down to your target numbers and then feed again until nitrates hit 40 ppm again. I’ve been giving reef roids every day at concentrated amounts with target feeding. And corals love it. My bubble coral are showing the most growth.

OP
OP
howietumba

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes only phosphate. Your nitrates are slightly elevated but nothing critical. Skim a little wetter, cut your chaeto back, moderate feeding and they will come down to 10 range. Keep an eye on alk and cal. With that full bioload of coral your alk has to be getting consumed fairly high.
I skim wet already. Maybe it is the feeding. I feed 4 cubes a day total. And yes my alk and cal gets consumed like crazy. Im also running biopellet reactor too and my no3 is still that high. And going through my roller filter like once a week.

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I skim wet already. Maybe it is the feeding. I feed 4 cubes a day total. And yes my alk and cal gets consumed like crazy. Im also running biopellet reactor too and my no3 is still that high. And going through my roller filter like once a week.
It’s the over feeding for sure.

OP
OP
howietumba

howietumba

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It’s the over feeding for sure.
So how many cubes should i be feeding a day?
I have 125g stocked with alot of fish

gem tang
Black tang
Purple tang
Kole tang
Six line
Pinked streak wrasse
Possum wrasse
Malanarius wrasse
Yellow coris
Red coris
China wrasse
3 borb antheas
Fire goby
4 banggai
Rabbit
Copperband
Hawkfish
Black leopard wrasse

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys just wondering if reefroids actually work. Ive been broadcast feeding and target feeding it to my sticks every other day. Is that too much or thats ok? I have a 125g full of sticks. Ive been dosing the full KZ stuff as well and i do see alot of growth and encrusting. Im just wondering if its reefroids every other day and if they absorb all of that or if i can do like twice a week. My po4 is at .06 to .11 and no3 at 35-40. Im trying to bring my no3 down to maybe 10 or below and po4 to 0.03. Tank is 4 months old C1FB0AC0-A937-4247-9998-74296E7DBA5D.jpeg
I honestly don't know whay anyone uses reef roids.

Coral get all they need from light and fish waste

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gem tang
Black tang
Purple tang
Kole tang
Six line
Pinked streak wrasse
Possum wrasse
Malanarius wrasse
Yellow coris
Red coris
China wrasse
3 borb antheas
Fire goby
4 banggai
Rabbit
Copperband
Hawkfish
Black leopard wrasse
Feed cubes twice a week and hang some seaweed on a clip or at the bottom of your tank. and if you still want to do monster feeding add to your clean up crew in your tank. But hanging the seaweed should do the trick while waiting for nitrates to drop. 40-50ppm isnt bad if your not seeing bad effects with your coral.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

gem tang
Black tang
Purple tang
Kole tang
Six line
Pinked streak wrasse
Possum wrasse
Malanarius wrasse
Yellow coris
Red coris
China wrasse
3 borb antheas
Fire goby
4 banggai
Rabbit
Copperband
Hawkfish
Black leopard wrasse

I wonder if the wrasses will ever turn into WW3 or maybe the bangaii

Some nice fish on there though

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly don't know whay anyone uses reef roids.

Coral get all they need from light and fish waste
Adding more natural elements to the water. Some tanks are to clean that coral actually starve and light doesn’t reach corals that are over shadowed by other. Besides that the thought of corals growing faster especially if your starting with smaller frags

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Roids increased my nitrates from undetectable to 20 ppm in about a month, didn't notice the phosphate bump that everyone notices, but I do have chaeto.

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd cut back on the roids. Once all that coral grows out there won't be any room left for all those fish!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I do this 2X if that as they do raise phosphates and feed unwanted pests such as hydroids and aptasia If present.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 66 35.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 59 31.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back